Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Music for the House

Options
  • 05-04-2005 9:35am
    Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Now This looks like the mutz nutz !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Sharkman - Just what i was looking for. I am building a new house and am trying to future-proof it as much as possible and music distribution was one of the things on my list. Their price is a tad high though.

Any ideas about satelite tv distribution without having to get set-top boxes for every room?

Am also distributing a phone system (landline and SKYPE) - but have that sussed out.

Thanks again Sharkman

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

that is sweet is anybody going to buy them and give us a review

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

TCP/IP wrote:
    that is sweet is anybody going to buy them and give us a review

I neeed one of them!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Have spent a while looking at this site and love the system, but it is price restrictive for us.

Anyone familiar with any similar system but wired?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

What a rip-off !!!

Just get a squeezebox or two - my mate has them and they're excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

deadl0ck wrote:
    What a rip-off !!!

Just get a squeezebox or two - my mate has them and they're excellent.

Each squeekbox needs a seperate amp , the product listed has this built in .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

True, but you can use the AUX in on any stereo - a hell of a lot cheaper than $1200 - you could even buy a decent amp and speakers with a squeezebox for less than that.

I will grant you though, that the Sonos is a cool piece of kit - I especially like the controller, although that being said, you could get a PDA with wireless lan and use it co control your PC (and thus your playlists)

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

[QUOTE=I will grant you though, that the Sonos is a cool piece of kit - I especially like the controller, although that being said, you could get a PDA with wireless lan and use it co control your PC (and thus your playlists)[/QUOTE]
    True , but as a ready to go piece of kit its cool . Not too many people will want to go to the bother of buying the seperate pieces of kit and setting up .

Advertisement