Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reeling in the years 1996

Options
  • 04-04-2005 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭

Was waiting for this last week.1994 and 1995 were on tuesday and wednesday.So checked listings everyday and nothing.So was told they showed 1997 last night instead of father ted.Which means 1996 was problaby shown unlisted as well.There is a particular part of the episode i want to see.So was wondering if anyone has this taped which they would be willing to loan or sell?Its very important to me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

I love that show! I want them to release it on DVD!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Been saying they should release them on DVD for years now.

You'll be hard pressed to find someone that has taped it, but they are repeated on rte couple months or so. I can almost guarantee they will be showed again in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

solo1 wrote:
    I love that show! I want them to release it on DVD!

Just mouching around the rte webite and found this:
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/reelingintheyears/faq.html

Looks like there be no boxset coming out anytime soon! Or ever!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yeah RTE can afford copyrights :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Norinoco wrote:
    Just mouching around the rte webite and found this:
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/reelingintheyears/faq.html

Looks like there be no boxset coming out anytime soon! Or ever!!

I was just looking at that FAQ page and it has this:
    I WAS IN THE PUB LAST NIGHT WITH A COUPLE OF FRIENDS, AND WE HAD A DISAGREEMENT ABOUT THE NAME OF SPANDAU BALLET'S FIRST HIT. MY FRIENDS SAY IT WAS 'TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT'. I'M CERTAIN THAT IT WAS 'MUSCLEBOUND'. THERE'S A TENNER BET ON THIS. CAN YOU HELP ME?

What? That's a frequently asked question?

Everyone knows the answer is "To Cut A Long Story Short" anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Norinoco wrote:
    Been saying they should release them on DVD for years now.

You'll be hard pressed to find someone that has taped it, but they are repeated on rte couple months or so. I can almost guarantee they will be showed again in the future

I have them all on tape. I only went to the bother because I quickly realised it was never gonna be released.

If it had been any other show I'd just waited til the inevitable dvd release but like its been pointed out RTE were too incompetant and lacking in foresight to cut a deal with the publishers before the show first aired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Pigman II wrote:
    If it had been any other show I'd just waited til the inevitable dvd release but like its been pointed out RTE were too incompetant and lacking in foresight to cut a deal with the publishers before the show first aired.

That hasn't already been pointed out and it's far from as simple as that. There are hundreds of copyright holders and publishers involved from all over the world, not just the one publisher, it would cost a fortune and an inordinate amount of time to negotiate any sort of deal with all copyright holders involved that it just wouldn't be financially viable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Jip wrote:
    That hasn't already been pointed out

There has been several threads on this matter (not just this one).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I know for a fact that if you write to the shows producer and request a copy of either the particular episode or the eintire series for educational purposes then you will be sent the series on Video!

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

Pigman II wrote:
    I have them all on tape. I only went to the bother because I quickly realised it was never gonna be released.

Pigman II , Don't suppose you would like to loan me a copy of 1996 or copy it for me?It would be much appreciated. I will reward you for your kindness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement