Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retreiving Fat files from a crashed hard drive

Options
  • 27-10-2000 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Please can anyone help me - the data is still on the hard drive but it is unreadable the fat file broke down please can anyone in the dublin area near to town come and help with this mess

Jennie Kelly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

If you could perhaps relay the exact error message that u get someone may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I'm guessing the FAT table is corruptted or mismatching the backup FAT table.

You can use Norton utilities to recover the files, but you really need to know what your doing.

Continuing to use the hard drive while the FAT table is corrupt is probably not a good idea if you want the files back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

I fe**ed up my FAT before while messing with partitions for linux and W98.

I had alot of important college work on the drive. After much searching I found a program that could recover the data from a file system (FAT16/32 NTFS, Novell) even if the file system was fe**ed.

The program (even the trial version) was very expensive to buy, so after more searching I found the FULL version available to download from a certain site.

If you want, maill me and Ill send the link back to you. chmp5@hotmail.com

Regards.
    CH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

mmmmmmm, sounds like wares to me.

Any reason why it is even on the programming boards in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Firstly, it's warez with a z
    Secondly, what sounds like wares ?
    Thirdly, seeing as it was the users first post they are probably unfamiliar with the various boards and the stringent rules governing content on each one smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Canaboid it is warez. If you bought the program you can just ring the company and they will supply you with replacements once you can prove you bought it.

Advertisement