Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curious bugs in NT 4.0 browsers

Options
  • 31-10-2000 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I've noticed a couple of problems when I use Netscape or IE under NT:

* Netscape links stop working unless you logout then login again. (You can open in a new window, but that's too awkward.)

* Certain tags stop displaying properly under both Netscape and IE, requiring you to restart your machine. This bit me recently and I didn't figure it out until today. Any NT gurus have an idea why this odd behaviour happens?

Changing to another OS isn't an option - I'm developing software for NT.

Derek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Why does your name sound familar? smile.gif

Never heard of it. I do know Netscape is a lot more unforgiving when it comes to coding HTML properly so maybe you have your HTML coded wrong.

If you do view source in NS it should highlight the portion that it's having problems with?

I use NS all the time under NT SP6 and have no problems at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Derek Bell

Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Why does your name sound familar? smile.gif

Never heard of it. I do know Netscape is a lot more unforgiving when it comes to coding HTML properly so maybe you have your HTML coded wrong.

If you do view source in NS it should highlight the portion that it's having problems with?

I use NS all the time under NT SP6 and have no problems at all.

I'm on NT 4.0 sp 5 - the problem was with Internet Explorer too, which made me wonder if they were both using a DLL that came with the system, as it seems unlikely that they would both develop bugs like that simultaneously.

AFAIK, I'm not related to the guy from the Chieftains.

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

Sounds like you have a f0cked up install of NT. I developed for NS4+ and IE4+ on NT for 7 months and I never encountered the problems you described above. Did you try running the stuff on a machine with a SP other than SP5?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Gerry

You think thats bad, my college has ie 3 on nt 4.0 sp4. Crashes when you go to any relatively new site, and because of the way nt is, you cant close just one crashed windows without closing them all.

Advertisement