Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titleist Pro V1x vs Pro V1 balls

Options
  • 04-04-2005 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

I was playing with a pretty good golfer the other day and he was telling me I'd get an extra 10-15 yards on my drives with a Pro V1x ball vs the V1.

I'm not too convinced myself there's that much difference between all these different balls beyond a nice profit for the manufacturers from pricey balls .

Anyone got any experience of this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Let me give you a crash course.

Prov1 are a revolution, they are pure class. the first type of this ball to be released and actually an yuse was the maxfli revolutions. The Pro v1 is a pure summer ball. Its grants pure control,spin and yet gives great ditsance for a soft ball.

The prov1x is even better. I myself use them, for putting they are excellent and around the greens.

tip: On everyball there is whats called the dinple belt. This is where the ball was "glued" together, you can find it when you see all the dimples running ina straight line. On a prov1 ball, the line is shown where the <prov> is written, always line this towards the hole on putts, its grants better role.

Ball choice is a major thing and the difference of about 10 shots in a round, trust me. Check on Ebay for low prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Can't see myself saving 10 shots in a round ! But it'd be handy if this Pro V1x really did give extra distance.

Have you seen any kind of research on the performance of these balls against each other (non Titleist research I mean) ?

Not by hand, but surely if you go play with a DDH ball then go play with a prov1 your gna feelthe difference. And yes you can lose alot of shots from using a good ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

I need hard facts man! Can't rely on feel.

to be honestwhy are you here making a thread about it, its all about feel. Why are you having a hoolabaloo about it, clearly you can see by lack of reply that its a stupid waste of time, go play with the ball and you will feel like you are striking the ball better. Whats your handicap anyway? If you are 16+ forget about what ball you are using and work on your scoring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement