Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting % cpu used in win2k

Options
  • 26-10-2000 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

HI guys,
    is there any way to get the %cpu used from the commandline in windows2k server? I want to run a program on a unix box that will regularily telnet to a load of 2k servers, check how much cpu is being used and update the main database.
    Or I can do it the other way around with processes on the win2k reporting to the unix box. But either way, how can I get %cpu used in win2k, in a format useable for a simple c program. ANything similar to PS, or checking the /proc directory?
    Greg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Taskman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Not sure but performance monitor (perfmon.exe) will log to a text file which u can tell the unix box to parse at whatever intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Taskman wont do it. its gui only frown.gif
    I'll have a look at the performance logger. I thought you had to be logged in to have it running. Thanks for the suggestion,
    Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

Shouldn't that be:

"Getting % cpu wasted in win2k"

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

for full diagnostics best bet would be to use SNMP and MRTG..

http://snmpboy.rte.microsoft.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Cheers Ken,
    you're a star smile.gif
    Greg

Advertisement