Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paganello

Options
  • 04-04-2005 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hey guys,

So who went and how was it? I am so annoyed that I missed it but I was just not able to afford it at all! Spill the gossip there has to be something on someone! ;)

e
    -DCU Hookers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

check out www.paganello.com for the results...i didnt make it this year but definitely hope to do some either next year or the year after if pookas are still going.

AFAIK the pookas team this year had andy & keith from belfast, gus (dcu), jerry and scott (usa) and some other pickups from around the globe!

again thanks to andy heres a full report of what went on!

paganello 05

ciao pookas,

as if by magic my saturday paga description disapeared down the internets magical black hole.
    my appologies for this and the delay......

with reduced numbers of true pookas able to afford ultimate's 7th heaven that is the paganello tourni in rimini italy on the beach,
    we were forced to look abroad for players. In the spirit of embracing the international tounament, i looked to make it a real international pookas team.
    so here are the pookas :

keith - bug / oxford
    fergus - dcu
    andy - bug
    scott p. - galway/usa
    scott m. - vancover/canada
    andrew h - germany
    davide - rimini/italy
    jerry - dcu
    anita -aussie
    faye - aussie
    sonia - russia/usa
    eva - solvakia
    kate - california / usa

tuesday
    so keith and i left 1st dublin - bolognia , air lingus, tues-tues 117 yoyo
    i got my wings on the way out :) and keith on the way back it was super easy but, many air hostess jackets are missing wings..wonder why!

arrived in bolognia 7pm training with bolognia ultimate at 8pm via an illegal taxi (drag race style ride) 20 yoyo and a little cross country hiking eventually scaling a fence to enter the pitches!! we like to make an entrance.
    their grass is non-existant and the ground croncrete hard :(
    by the end of the night bolognia beat not bolognia (rest of the world:- brazil,usa,canada,oxford, pookas) by 3/4 points
    the night ended in their bolognia ultimate sponsors pub - a welsh pub!!

wednesday -
    sight see in bolognia, eat gelati, advance viewing of the paga band, late train ride to rimini, never except more than standing room on the train, on easter week.
    spent night on friendly local disc players floor.

thursday :
    eat gelati
    check into our quality hotel (esedra) complete with sauna and hot tub!!
    the perfect end to a days ultimate and begining to the night.. players would found clinging to their free nagalene bottles filled with free wine in the hot tub/sauna after most days play!
    after more gelati , the pookas met up at 3pm at beach 8, and what a fine and varied bunch we were.
    after introductions we trained together and then played a game!
    i missed the training as team swift burried me in the sand :(

the parties :
    these are ledgendary and we were not diappointed. the opening night party was wicked meeting old friends and making new friends.
    complete with fire works, mens and women on stilts, etc
    3 of the 5 parties were based arround the big tent on the beach, and they all rocked, sunday night was in an out of town nightclub complex complete with 9 masseuses, (also available at the monday night party too).
    monday night was spent in the rose and crown all of these nights rank amounst my best this year..

Friday
    first game 8.50am!!
    against a quality (top 8) spanish side, guayota.
    this match probably hurt the most all weekend being the first soo early against a great team, with a new team. so we lost.
    we went of to play "lick my love pump" usa , who are great fun and did get a world's greatest against us!!
    tondeuses of spain (i think) were the next weakest team but played smoothly as a unit!! a fun but unsuccessful day for the pookas.
    this matches exposed our crucial weakness playing as a unit/team..after we discussed this we ate some more gelati

Saturday
    we changed the tactics playing a in two teams on saturday, this helped the team gel together and our preformances improved with every game, despite the unimpressive score lines. (3 loses) followed by more gelati

Sunday
    we lead all of the first game against spin and won the game (8-7)...sweet, we then changed tactics to calling lines again. however the only thing we treatened to win after that was respect at the bar, with scotts 14 glasses of wine!!
    this was disappointing from a competitive point of view, our squad was varied and fun loving we had all spent a lot of money to be there. the
    pookas probably could of won more games to equal our seeding positon of 20th, however this may have been at the price of reducing the pitchtime and enjoyment of some of our players, so we focused on enjoying our last few games as much as possible......then more gelati

despite the big "L" on our fore heads we all enjoyed this tournament immensely, and would throughly reccomend it to anyone one, in fact paganello should be visited by every ultimate player at least once in their playing life, its that good!!

the sand is very tough on calves and feet, and prior training on sand is advisable before your next sand tourni, cos it exercises a whole load of muscles i never use on grass.....its just a shame the winter storms washed away most of the sand within an hours drive of belfast!!

Monday
    saw our last game finish with some rather sexy samba dancing with the colombian team.
    most of the week the weather was identical to that in belfast hat (foggy, warm, and no wind) which freaked me out at first.
    we had 2 short rain showers on sunday, but monday was glorious watching the finals of the 3 divisions in the sunshine with a steady flow of beer being delivered to my hand, along with 3000 other ultimate fans it was wicked....more gelati

a full and comprehsive list of the final positions match results and gossip is available from the news letters and attachments below.

most enjoyable games to watch leedsleedsleeds vs the french team game to 11, the french we 10-5 up , then leeds won the next 6 points is was inspiring.
    to be honest the bliss vs superstars in the final was pretty exciting too as superstars beat bliss in the earlier rounds nice one warrior

regards scandel there was lots as always.....scott p. and myself probably have the most scandel to tell which we'll gladly divulge this week-end!!

see ya

andy

http://www.paganello.com/ing/content2002.asp?c=293&a=3_5

http://www.paganello.com/ing/content2002.asp?f=3142&c=293&a=3_5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jewel

woah didn't expect such a report , i take it that you were not the author :p

i hope to go to it myself soon, but with final year next year think it probably be the following one.

andy from BUG wrote it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jewel

NO way he is nuts!

I must get reading again so and take more of it in!

well done Andy ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement