Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bbc R2/3

Options
  • 04-04-2005 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Was passing through Kilcullen in Kildare this evening and happened to do a scan on the radio ...to my suprise I picked up BBC Radio 2 and 3, was there an area of high pressure today or is there some other reason I could pick them up??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Yes - there have been favourable atmospheric conditions in recent days for enhanced FM reception. If you could mention the frequencies you heard them on someone will tell you what transmitter you were receiving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

Afraid I didnt check the frequencies, but the signal was coming in quite strong on both stations

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jmcbride

I'm surprised by the R3 signal, but not so much by the R2 signal - I can pick up listenable BBC R1 and R2 signals in my car radio in South Dublin (Stillorgan to Dun Laoghaire) all year round, and once managed to listen to Wogan quite a way into Wicklow before the signal broke up completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, I can travel down from Cavan to Dublin, almost into the city centre with BBC Radio 2 in the car, the odd bit of fizz and crackle, but hey, its not bad! 90.1 MHz from Divis is where I normally tune in on, but I seldom get Radio 3 on 92.3 MHz, as its close to RnaG somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

Suprised to find either of them myself so far south, no sign of R1/R4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Radio 1, you should've got on 99.7 MHz, but with East Coast FM on 99.9 MHz now, it might be a bit close.

As for Radio 4, its not on the same power as the other 3 stations, only half, and thats at 96.0 MHz. No chance of it that far south.

Advertisement