Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Benchmark for MP3 players hits the shelves! Cowan X5

Options
  • 03-04-2005 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

The Cowon iAudio X5 is now available.

Looks to be by far the best on the market.

Officia Link

Shop Link

Gallery

It's even available in a 60GB model!

So what do I do? The only thing stopping me from selling my H140 is the prospect of RockBox but I am greatly tempted now.

The only cons are the placement of the headphone jack and its resolution is less than iRivers H3XX series for video/photo viewing. The price may also be a problem for a while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Its a bit big for an mp3 player. I think I'd stick with my PSP over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

A bit big? It's the average size of an mp3 player with such capacity. Unless you were talking about the first few pictures in the Gallery link? That's another unit, not the X5 :)

This is the X5:
    X5-gui-004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Doesn't look too bad. Although that really is a stupid place to put the earphone jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yes, yes it is. Hopefully it wont have too much of a negative effect on every day use.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Cowons have their headphones there because the jack of the remote you get with them is L shaped. I have an Cowon M3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

L shaped? That mean you can't use normal 1/4 inch headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

http://onlinestore.jetaudio.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=124
    see the way the headphone jack is an L shape with the connector for the remote.( kind of a L shape anyway ;) ) Yeh you can by pass the remote but as in the first picture above is going to be very akward

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

Has anyone pre-ordered a X5 yet, I'm thinking about the X5L 30GB @ €440ish shipped from mp3-player.de. Has anyone seen better prices elsewhere?
    Do you think that there will be better prices to be had closer to the release date or should I just go ahead and place the order? Thanks

Advertisement