Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Green Cone Compost System

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I think this may have been discussed in "Green Issues" discussion under Society.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saibhne

Hi,
    I've had one for a year or so - I'm quite happy with it though I'm not sure it does everything that it claims to. It needs to be located where it gets a good bit of sun and regular doses of what they call accelerator powder - a kind of biological catalyst as far as I know.
    Good thing is that the waste is underground so it avoids attracting pests. I use it in conjunction with a regular compost bin I got from the council - I throw my garden waste and some domestic bits into the council bin and my kitchen waste mostly foodstuffs, goes into the green cone.
    Value for money? I reckon so, food waste can be quite heavy and comprises 1/3 of the average households' waste, you will eventually make your money back on cheaper waste bills especially in this day and age - I haven't put my bin out for collection in a month and there's no smell from rotting food etc...

cheers,

Simon.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Thanks Simon,
    that's exactly what I needed to know!!

Advertisement