Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going on?

Options
  • 03-04-2005 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

Just flicking through stations on tv and ITV seems like someone has press pause button on whole station,picture is just froze.Channel 4 has no sound,and BBC1&2 are like ITV.Other stations are fine except these.

Its very strange looking at a picture frozen but to have,ITV,BBC1&2 the exact same,very weird!.

Anyone else same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

yup, think there's something up with the base station or whatever you call it. it's probably a local thing, i would think, if you're in south dublin too. i'm in rathfarnham and it's also happening in my mate's in dundrum.

Yeah I was cut off right in the middle of Match of the Day. Ah well there was only a couple of minutes left so I'll assume that Man City won. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It must be NTL's crappy service. It must be like that for over an hour at least.

I'm Northside by the way.

Doesn't bother me much as I've got Sky Digital as well. Just can't get C4 or UTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Well im southside also,but as i said there is a pic on screen but just froze.It was just weird.Never seen it before to be honest.Some film on ITV,match of day is froze and can see mancity winning 2-1.Haha did Ntl not pay there bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Sounds like a digital signal being received by your cable provider has been lost, this would create the "paused" effect you are seeing on ITV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

same here in D22

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

and 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Its the same in my house, except for digital. Must be NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

first time i remeber it in dublin. down in carlow it always happens on chorus. bout once a week. dunno why any1 bothers to pay for that sort of service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Kazaanova wrote:
    Its the same in my house, except for digital. Must be NTL.

the signal in your home might not be digital, but the signal being received by NTL of ITV could be digital that is why it looks like it is paused i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I imagine it's a problem with the Mpeg compression system of the NTL.

John

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lump wrote:
    I imagine it's a problem with the Mpeg compression system of the NTL.

John

Thats assuming a digital signal surely?

While on the topic- what are the odds of picking up digital terestial signals from Wales, here on the East Coast? What sort of range do they have? I'd really love BBC3 etc- but am damned if I'm handing over more dosh to Sky or NTL......

The "paused" problem appears to have righted itself overnight, thankfully.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

NTL have to be one of the mose incompetant companies i have ever had to deal with. they are a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Not likely to get a Digital signal from the Uk.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

not necessarily. there are many in Wexford, Wicklow pickingup DTT direct from Wales and also many folksin the northern half ofthe 6 counties are viewing DTT from NI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Kenny007 wrote:
    Yeah I was cut off right in the middle of Match of the Day. Ah well there was only a couple of minutes left so I'll assume that Man City won. :rolleyes:

lol

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mossy Monk wrote:
    NTL have to be one of the mose incompetant companies i have ever had to deal with. they are a nightmare
    Have you never had Chorus then? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

smccarrick wrote:
    Thats assuming a digital signal surely?

While on the topic- what are the odds of picking up digital terestial signals from Wales, here on the East Coast? What sort of range do they have? I'd really love BBC3 etc- but am damned if I'm handing over more dosh to Sky or NTL......

The "paused" problem appears to have righted itself overnight, thankfully.

S.

There's a digital terrestial forum under hosted>ICDG where you'll get some good answers.
    Right now it seems to be hit and miss depending on your specific location.

Advertisement