Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brendan Benson

• 02-04-2005 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Anyone else like Brendan Benson? Alternative to Love is a fantastic album.

Anyone going to see him in the Village on the 22nd?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

have to say alternative to love has really grown on me - not groundbreaking but he's certainly good at what he does. saw him live a few weeks back and very very impressed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

yeah... been a fan for a long time now. Heard of him on a Ryan Adams site, and heard his stuff... well impressed.

He played instore in Tower a few weeks ago (Kathleen Edwards played after him... another artist to watch out for. New album "Back To Me" is simply beautiful - playing Whelans on April 12th).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bought Alternative To Love yesterday.... I like it alot.
    Must look up his first album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Brendan Benson is a genius. I have One Mississippi and Lapalco and I have to say I listen to at least one of these everyday. I saw him in Doyles a while back and while I was impressed the venue was muck. I also saw him live in Whelans ages ago. Great gig!

Im hoping to see him again but prior engagements are standing in the way like a bomber jacketed bouncer on power trip and I dont have any ID!

Of his two previous albums I would suggest Lapalco. The standout track is Folk Singer with Tiny Spark and Metarie being two of my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

agree. lapalco's a pretty cool album. kinda beatles-y in a good way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Bizarrely i don't really like too much of his album stuff, love some songs, went to ee him in Doyles a month or so ago and was blown away the man was deadly and his new songs sound brilliant but i'm afraid they'll be a bit over produced like most of his former stuff... a cunundrum fit for richard whitely...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Great music... ive loads of his stuff at home and its a bit number in my playlist also... picked up some of his older stuff in the US last week... and of course P2P too. 'Good To Me' and 'Them And Me' are two of my favourites atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lupus

Really enjoyed the set in the Village. We played support to him that night. I thought some of the songs sounded better on tape though mostly due to the lack of backing vocals and some of the guitar parts that make the album so good just weren't played !!!

Advertisement