Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Arrested To Save 'Arrested Development'!!

Options
  • 02-04-2005 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭

Show Fox how much you want Fox to keep 'Arrested Development'.. and pass this around to friends.

C'mon people.. don't let Fox cancel an amazing show still in it's prime!!

PS - For anyone who hasn't seen the show, just watch some of the video clips on the page!

EDIT: I was unaware Elmo already made a thread regarding this.. apologies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Signed it!

Just wondering: Have TV3 cancelled this or is on temporary break to catch up with the US production?

And, has anyone else got the Season 1 dvd yet? Got mine yesterday and it's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Signed it!

Just wondering: Have TV3 cancelled this or is on temporary break to catch up with the US production?

And, has anyone else got the Season 1 dvd yet? Got mine yesterday and it's awesome.
    Never even watched it when it was first shown on TV3 / BBC2. But then got the Region 1 DVD last year off a mate of mine. And have been hooked on it since... one of the best shows on TV. And the best US comedy in recent years!

I've a feeling TV3 are just stopping it to catch up with the US... the US are showing Episode 16 of 18 in the second season tomorrow night.

I still don't think Fox will cancel it.. but i think it's suffering in that Sunday time-slot in the US. I've a feeling they'll put a third series in a timeslot on Friday nights. As they've been showing repeats in that that time-slot in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Hope to god Fox don't do a Futurama on it. If they do Mr. Murdoch needs to be shot! However, it'll probably do better if it was on a weekday llike TV3 broadcast it.

Yeah.. i do think Fox regret a lot of the shows they've cancelled in the past though.

Recently MSN revealed the "Top 10 Cancelled TV Show's" and half of the Top 10 were Fox's:

See here: http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=150652
    10. "The Tick" (FOX)
    Premiered: November 2001
    Cancelled: January 2002

9. "My So-Called Life" (ABC)
    Premiered: August 1994
    Cancelled: January 1995

8. "The Ben Stiller Show" (FOX)
    Premiered: September 1992
    Cancelled: January 1993

7. "Sports Night" (ABC)
    Premiered: September 1998
    Cancelled: May 2000

6. "Firefly" (FOX)
    Premiered: September 2002
    Cancelled: December 2002

5. "NewsRadio" (NBC)
    Premiered: March 1995
    Cancelled: July 1999

4. "Family Guy" (FOX)
    Premiered: January 1999
    Cancelled: 2001

3. "Homicide: Life on the Street" (NBC)
    Premiered: January 1993
    Cancelled: August 1999

2. "Freaks and Geeks" (NBC) / "Undeclared" (FOX)
    "Freaks" - Premiered: September 1999
    Cancelled: July 2000
    "Undeclared" - Premiered: September 2001
    Cancelled: March 2002 NOTE: TWO AMAZING SHOWS!! Undeclared will be released on DVD in August

1. "Mr. Show with Bob and David" (HBO)
    Premiered: September 1995
    Cancelled: December 1998
    And it was easy for them to resurrect an animation like 'Family Guy' but not so easy for shows like these where even if there was a public outcry and huge DVD sales.. the cast will move on to do other things!

Slightly off-topic here: i read an interview with Seth MacFarlane (creator of 'Family Guy') online and he said that the first scene in the first new episode of Family Guy is a pre-credit sequence where Peter tells the family that the show has been cancelled. And that Fox had to make time for all these other quality Fox shows.. and he starts naming out 30 or so shows that Fox have cancelled! :D I think 'Family Guy' will really dig into Fox after this.. exactly the same way 'The Simpsons' did when they realised they were practically invincible from being cancelled Fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

basquille wrote:
    Slightly off-topic here: i read an interview with Seth MacFarlane (creator of 'Family Guy') online and he said that the first scene in the first new episode of Family Guy is a pre-credit sequence where Peter tells the family that the show has been cancelled. And that Fox had to make time for all these other quality Fox shows.. and he starts naming out 30 or so shows that Fox have cancelled!

Too funny. I hope that happens exactly as you've just described it. To be fair to Fox, though, as stupid as their cancellation decisions often (always) are, at least they're big enough to laugh at themselves like this, or The Simpsons' Fox telethon scene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

i am pretty sure this show is not gonna be cancelled, in the season 2 finale we even get ron howards usual "on the next arrested development"all though this time he said season.Also president of fox is 100% behind the show supposedly but i guess we will all just have to wait until may 19th to offically find out.What a day that can be Star Wars episode 3 and the announcement of more episodes of the world best comedy tv show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Wahhh! There better be new episodes as I've just seen the last. What's hopeful are two things:
    * E! are reporting it's been renewed (not based on anything official)

and

* If you go to http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/ you'll see a banner saying "Returns this summer". Please let it be returning with new episodes...

ixoy wrote:
    If you go to http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/ you'll see a banner saying "Returns this summer". Please let it be returning with new episodes...

I noticed that first, ixoy and posted it on the AD board first too! :P... so there! :D

http://forums.prospero.com/foxarrested/messages/?msg=4045.1

That banner is pretty conclusive that there'll be new episodes in my opinion!

Hooray!!

PS - just noticed Brock stole my sig! :mad: And it's too big too!... i had to resize mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Blisterman

If you really want it to not be cancelled, buy the dvd. In fact buy copies for all your friends and family's birthdays. family guy was saved by DVD sales. Maybe this can be too.

I agree. Fox seems to be the only network that cancels shows I like

Married with Children
    Family Guy
    Futurama
    Ben Stiller Show

And yet, the simpsons keeps going years after it's prime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

That banner on the Fox site could be referring to the show being off the air for the next few weeks, pre-empted by whatever, but returning in the summer with repeats. Still, could also mean that this cut-short season could have had additional episodes filmed, but held over, with the plan for those remaining episodes in June/July,
    before the start of the new, third series (hopefully) in September...

• Advertisement

sorry bout the sig just really like it(sure i added my fav quote on the end)
    but all we can do is wait til may 19th then we will know for sure so fingers crossed

Brock wrote:
    sorry bout the sig just really like it(sure i added my fav quote on the end)
    Don't worry about it... every AD fan should use it here on Boards to show as much support for AD as possible! But then again, it would probably get a tad confusing! :)

Love that quote too!

Will watch the last episode of the current series when i get home from work... heard very good things about it, as usual!

yeah good ep a few shocks and a few welcome returns by some charcaters although minor its great to see characters return

Advertisement