Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Bad Beats ~ Do not read if you have a sensitive stomach

Options
  • 02-04-2005 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

$500 Guaranteed AA v's KT (81% fav) called an all-in preflop beaten by a straight.

Went out 11th, top 9 paid

$4000 Guaranteed AT v's KQ (58% fav) went all-in preflop beaten by two pair k's & 5's.

Went out 12th top 6 paid

$10 STT AKs v's K3s (73% fav) raised and then put all-in prelflop beaten by a flush.

Out first hand

$1500 Guaranteed AQs v ATs (70% fav) called an all-in preflop beaten by a pair of 10's.

Went out 44th

.10/.20 cash game A3 held, flop comes down 3 T 3 two players all-in before me, I call for $30 JJ and Q3 held, Q on the river to win the lot (67% fav)

$25 STT AA v's 77 reraised all-in preflop beaten by a flush (79% fav)

Out in 4th, top 3 paid

I've logged off now good night....didn't win a single STT or MTT doubled up on a cash table but it's been a bad night :( one for experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Jaysus Gary do you ever stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

Are you on VC Gary, what's your username?

5c 10c Omaha. Guy raises to 50, I have AA67ds, up to 1.50, he repops, I go over the top, he goes all in. Shows QQQT rainbow. River is a queen.

Subsequent chat:
    aceshigh10: well this was a good table
    BUCKINATOR: what are you saying?
    KeepPiece: You know you can only use two out of your hand right?
    kgb187: look what happens when I show
    mot08: got some cowboys
    BUCKINATOR: yes
    BUCKINATOR: I know that
    KeepPiece: Trips are kinda ... bad
    BUCKINATOR: I know
    BUCKINATOR: but
    BUCKINATOR: not if you have JJ
    mot08: what?
    KeepPiece: Do you think I reraise twice with JJ?
    BUCKINATOR: how would I know?
    BUCKINATOR: I don't know you

Touche I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

$100 1v1 on 365.

First hand dealt KK Player goes all in flips over KQs, hits a runner runner flush

$100 1v1

Fourth hand dealt AK Player goes all in shows A2o Flop A2K Turn x River 2.

Made it all back but blimey, is it a full moon tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I was playing omaha on VC and I saw a $1500 pot, 3 way all in preflop, the guy who won had overcalled all in with AAAx. I wouldnt even limp with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Dont know what kinda rock you are Hector chances are one of your aces is suited then theres 2/3 bluff draws, well worth $500.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Marq wrote:
    Jaysus Gary do you ever stop?

Playing?
    Moaning?
    Getting Outdrawn?

NO

My username on VC is Golly Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Raised the pot preflop by $2 with PP Jacks at .25/.50c NL
    I get a caller with 24s amongst many others. flop comes down 5-2-9. He checks, I bet $15 to stop the flush/straight draws and get rid of as many people as possible before the turn/river. He calls my $15 bet with his pair of 2's the turn is a 10. I bet another $10 to put him off the flush/straight draw possibilities and he calls my bet again with his pair of 2's and 4 kicker.

The river comes -- 4 :mad:

He then proceeded to lose all my chips by calling with the same rubbish cards hand after hand and calling bet after bet, hoping that his 1 out would come to him until he had nothing left, really ate me up it did, despite the small amount of money involved.

Who calls raises in a cash game with 24s when it's at least 4 times the big blind? Makes me want to beat someone with the silly stick so it does :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

TacT wrote:
    I get a caller with 24s amongst many others.
    24s when it's at least 4 times the big blind?
    1) They were suited
    2) They were live cards since you wouldn't raise with 24s
    3) He put you on AK when you bet the flop, he had a made hand
    4) Turn bet was too small to stop him calling

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

called a roughly 4xbb pre-flop raise along with three others yesterday in a $10 STT. i had AA and possibly should have re-raised it a bit, but thought that was enough for my purposes. flop comes 8 high with 2 suited. raised all-in to ensure no further risks develop. one caller with 89o who catches that 8 he knew was coming on the river.

in fairness to him he apologised.

• Advertisement

1) They were suited
    2) They were live cards since you wouldn't raise with 24s
    3) He put you on AK when you bet the flop, he had a made hand
    4) Turn bet was too small to stop him calling

Spot on.

The $2 Raise looks like a scared AKo raise. If you didn't want him calling you should have made it $6, sometimes you are better off not getting action from hands such as 24s so you push them out.

You cannot act sheepish with the rockets it's pure aggression or limp and be prepared to fold. You may lose that's why you have a bankroll.

Personally i would have raised 6-8 then bet 16 on the flop, he would have had serious doubts then, come the turn if he is still there it's all in.

QQ Finally came good for me tonight. sitting on a 50c/$1 table.

I had made a few very lose value calls and won pots with rags so I was branded as a fish at the table. Up to $140

Dealt QQ UTG I make it $16 to go, two callers flop comes 3 6 10 two spades I lead out and bet another 16, one call and and a raise to 40. I think for a while wondering if I have yet again run into AA, KK or flopped set but I am not convinced so I put a decision to the raiser and caller, I push. Both of them call with the raiser stating that he knows he has lost the pot yet he calls for the the rest of his stack. (he had a stack of around 110)

Player 1 flips over 810o player 2 88. turn blank, river blank.

$380 pot.

Some times you get ul and lose it happens, does not mean that you act all scared and cautious with the rockets, people will pick up on this and will out draw you if you allow them to do it cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Iago wrote:
    .10/.20 cash game A3 held, flop comes down 3 T 3 two players all-in before me, I call for $30 JJ and Q3 held, Q on the river to win the lot (67% fav)

Hey that one doesn't count! You were at least a 4-1 dog tot he gay-waiter there. :p

I was miles ahead when the money went in!!

More proof of online rigging...4 handed game 3 players see the flop...
    Hand id : 2861074-53
    Board cards : Th 4s As Ac Tc

Main pot : 900
    golly ....... 5d 6d
    Houstonfella ....... 6c 5s
    urbanplans ....... 5h 6h

golly ties 300 with Two Pair: Aces and 10s
    Houstonfella ties 300 with Two Pair: Aces and 10s
    urbanplans ties 300 with Two Pair: Aces and 10s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Samba wrote:
    Personally i would have raised 6-8 then bet 16 on the flop, he would have had serious doubts then, come the turn if he is still there it's all in.

That's only $1 more than I bet -- how is that going to make a difference? Are you both takin the piss or what? :confused:

It was hardly sheepish play, in fact -- I got punished for being in any way aggressive with my rockets and then this toerag got lucky and hit two pair when I had overpair from the board and was pushing it heavily.

It was the pre-flop raise that was weak. Your bet on the turn was also an indication to him tha you missed your AK.

You bet 15 on the flop, then 10 on the turn, that stinks of weakness, never decrease the size of your bet on the turn, if anything you should increase it.

We are not taking the piss only trying to explain to you why he was still in the hand come the river he was because you gave him signals that you were weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

TacT wrote:
    Raised the pot preflop by $2 with PP Jacks at .25/.50c NL
    I get a caller with 24s amongst many others. flop comes down 5-2-9. He checks, I bet $15 to stop the flush/straight draws and get rid of as many people as possible before the turn/river. He calls my $15 bet with his pair of 2's the turn is a 10. I bet another $10 to put him off the flush/straight draw possibilities and he calls my bet again with his pair of 2's and 4 kicker.

I think you played this fine. If you had had a good few limpers before you made it $2 to go then maybe you should have made it a bit more but as an early position or first raise it seems standard to me. The bet of $15 on the flop also looks fine to me I would imagine with a few callers than the pot was in or around $10 so it's a good strong bet. The bet of $10 on the turn is a little weak as it's giving him in or around 4-1 (+ implied) on his call, though if he thinks (as he must have done) that you're betting overcards he should really be raising. It's just as poor a call as his one on the flop as he's a complete dog to hit two pair or trips (only 5 outs) so you're making money in general from him. So really there's not much wrong with that bet either, I would have bet a little more in case he actually had a good hand or had been calling you with JQ hoping to hit an overcard (and finding an openender) or KQ or something.

These are the sort of calls that make you money in a low cash game - someone calling you down with a mixture of disbelief and hope of hitting an unlikely (and not nut draw).

My only criticism would be the relatively small bet on the turn (given that you don't know exactly how poor his hand is) apart from that I think the hand was well played.

I do not believe the $2 raise is sufficient especially due to the standard of play on that network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I reckon 4x is fine at .25/.50 but that's a personal thing I guess.

Just to even the score (from the pokerroom nightly $50 game). (In fairness I figured I had 14 outs against a bare king). ... And I haven't won a pot since.

Seat 1: z-money123 ($2,595 in chips)
    Seat 2: jxweiss ($2,980 in chips)
    Seat 3: kajustin ($2,530 in chips)
    Seat 4: bonz1965 ($4,006 in chips)
    Seat 6: KoLanPowell ($2,445 in chips)
    Seat 7: KeepThePiece [JH,2C] ($875 in chips)
    Seat 8: sonnythedog2 ($1,855 in chips)
    Seat 9: twotimer22 ($3,674 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
    KoLanPowell posts blind ($50), KeepThePiece posts blind ($100).

PRE-FLOP
    sonnythedog2 calls $100, twotimer22 folds, z-money123 calls $100, jxweiss folds, kajustin folds, bonz1965 calls $100, KoLanPowell calls $50, KeepThePiece checks.

FLOP [board cards 5H,2H,KH ]
    KoLanPowell checks, KeepThePiece bets $775 and is all-in, sonnythedog2 folds, z-money123 calls $775, bonz1965 folds, KoLanPowell folds.

TURN [board cards 5H,2H,KH,2S ]

RIVER [board cards 5H,2H,KH,2S,5S ]

SHOWDOWN
    KeepThePiece shows [ JH,2C ]
    z-money123 shows [ 8H,AH ]
    KeepThePiece wins $2,050.

SUMMARY
    Dealer: bonz1965
    Pot: $2,050
    z-money123, loses $875
    jxweiss, loses $0
    kajustin, loses $0
    bonz1965, loses $100
    KoLanPowell, loses $100
    KeepThePiece, bets $875, collects $2,050, net $1,175
    sonnythedog2, loses $100
    twotimer22, loses $0

Hand id : 2913074-63
    Board cards : Tc Jh Ad As Td

Main pot : 17,760
    golly ....... Jc Jd
    joanc17 ....... Ah Th

joanc17 wins 17,760 with Full House : Aces full of 10s

is there no end to it..:(

• Advertisement

dealt AA on the button, what more could you ask for?
    1/2 table

Raised to 12 I re-raise 32 they call, flop comes AKQ rainbow, player bets the pot, I call, turn is a blank, player bets the pot, I move all in.

Flips over AJo...well I think you can see where this one is going.....

River..

BANG - TEN

.10/.20 table..

raised to $2 preflop, put him all-in on the flop...

Hand id : 2629267-10809
    Board cards : Ah Qc Qh 8h 2c

Main pot : $13.30
    Manimal_42 ....... 7h 5h
    Golly.......Jc Qd

Manimal_42 wins $13.30 with Flush AQ875

Advertisement