Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Fools on Limericks Live 95fm

Options
  • 01-04-2005 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

This god damn station tricks me year after year, but not this year. Haha no!

Last year when they said they had released a mag, with Rena Connery almost nude and loads of other Live 95fm stuff, i went to my local Maxol Mace to get it ... but alas it wasnt real!

This year they said so much crap!

Breakfast show , Mark Said he will be in Big Brother

An Advertisment, said that the live 95fm all stars (the crew who sung Boys in Red) will be touring the county and preforming other songs too!

And surprisingly

On Limerick Today, They had a news report from some guy in city hall, who said that there would be a Spire set up With a rugby ball and that it would be higher then the Dublin spire and that they were starting works immeditaly and will now need to close O'Conell St. for the rest of the year! Personnaly i thought this was the worst one, it was too obvious. But oh no!

People thought it was serious and rang in complaing, and thinking of names (the Richard Haris Spire), saying that the city needed a boost.

I think its really funny but that people where led too far when they said that stuff on Limerick Today because people really trust what Ed has to say!!!!

All in all i love April Fools day on Limerick Live 95fm!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Fair play to you, you must be the only person outside their offices that actually listened for that long. It has to be the worst radio station I have ever heard, local radio my arse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

UTV fm Puke

no offence to the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

What??? It's great!
    Its like the most popular station in this region... by far!
    Its actually one of the most listened to stations in the contry and its only in Limerick, Clare, Tipperary and Kerry!

UTV fm????
    Are u serious!
    Its run by them from afar, its all Limerick content 100%!
    Do u even listen? Limerick news, deaths, bands, competitions, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

ye live95 fm is fair good you can also get it in north cork but dont think in kerry

North Kerry, like!!!

Although not too sure!!

• Advertisement

the station can be heard as far east as laois or offaly. not sure about kerry though the mountains probably block the signal.

its not hard to be the number one local station when you are the only local station in my opinion.

Not true ... theres Limerick Radio 1, Galaxy 105.5 (limerick), and i guess Wired fm...

But the survey is overall stations not just ones based in limerick... they beat today fm and 2fm together!!!

I find live 95fm hard to listen to. and the signal from RLO has been brutal since it came back february.

Galaxy is mostly automated. its pretty crap even by pirate standards.

Have a look at this site... http://www.live95fm.ie/
    Then look at this one... http://www.96fm.ie/index.asp
    And this one too... http://www.q102.ie/

All hybrid stations of each other. Sure they have a few token locals to keep people interested, but half the staff at 95fm have English accents, as does the chief exec. And come on, how is wall-to-wall Britney, Christina, Justin and such crap local??

As I said, local radio my arse

you think thats bad take a look at their message boards.

• Advertisement

Not true ... theres Limerick Radio 1, Galaxy 105.5 (limerick), and i guess Wired fm...

But the survey is overall stations not just ones based in limerick... they beat today fm and 2fm together!!!

Live 95 is the only commercial licenced station in Limerick City and County.

the other stations are either hospital/student stations, or pirates.

and the music content of pirates is a choice between someones copy of Now Dance 2005 on one station and "I gave my wedding dress away" country and irish music on RLO when you can pick it up.

that being said however, on the rare occasion, you can find some interesting content on Ger hannans program on RLO. but mostly its old people singing their songs and whinging about how the refugees are ruining the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try listening to a certain former member of Six every morning. :rolleyes:

Enough said.

Ok so the only British DJ is Mark Whealan (breakfast show and one later in day), and he is always slagged over it!!!

The websites are similar because UTV is a website company (as well as radio and tv), where anyone can rent out sites, and they run these sites because they own them ... sure! But the crew in limerick have large inputs into the site!

The station supports Limerick people (gives jobs and Limerick companies can advertise free jobs postions in the 'jobline' thing thats on every few hours or so),

They have 100% limerick news (even if the news isnt local they will put a limerick view on it i.e Limerick people are mourning the death of the pope etc.)

They give out funeral arrangments over the air everyfew hours after the news!!!

They give out limerick sports news! And comentary

They have 'Limerick today' a phone-in show where people expresse problems to give limerick people a voice!!!

They give farming news!

They give traffic updates! Say whats on in teatres, cinemas and what gigs are on in the city!

They have several shows where they play Limerick only music and Irish only music!
    Which has helped limerick bands to get to a national level!!

They may be a comercial station but Live 95fm act more like a Public Service station, they give celebrity status to limerick figures and give limerick news to younger citizens who wouldnt read Post/Leader!!! Even though they could look for higher listenship figues they do take time out to give back to the city!

Theis forum wasnt about how good Live 95fm are just about the jokes they pulled off, but once again ye have taken a subject off course and put a negitive spin on things!

Ok so the only British DJ is Mark Whealan (breakfast show and one later in day), and he is always slagged over it!!!

how many of them are from Limerick? I am not sure but I dont think Ed Myres is from Limerick. You would think that for their flagship show they would have a limerick presenter for it.
    The websites are similar because UTV is a website company (as well as radio and tv), where anyone can rent out sites, and they run these sites because they own them ... sure! But the crew in limerick have large inputs into the site!

Most of the stuff on the Live 95FM website is either automated through RSS feeds or is fed in from Belfast.

[/quote]The station supports Limerick people (gives jobs and Limerick companies can advertise free jobs postions in the 'jobline' thing thats on every few hours or so),[/quote]

thirty seconds twice a day is not very much now in all fairness.
    They have 100% limerick news (even if the news isnt local they will put a limerick view on it i.e Limerick people are mourning the death of the pope etc.)

not necessarily true. Their news bulletins from 7pm to 1am come from INN.
    They give out funeral arrangments over the air everyfew hours after the news!!!

if they had a choice they wouldnt, they are required by the Broadcasting Commission to fill 20 percent news content. gotta fill it with something.

They give out limerick sports news! And comentary

They have 'Limerick today' a phone-in show where people expresse problems to give limerick people a voice!!!

They give farming news!

They give traffic updates! Say whats on in teatres, cinemas and what gigs are on in the city!

They have several shows where they play Limerick only music and Irish only music!
    Which has helped limerick bands to get to a national level!!

They may be a comercial station but Live 95fm act more like a Public Service station, they give celebrity status to limerick figures and give limerick news to younger citizens who wouldnt read Post/Leader!!! Even though they could look for higher listenship figues they do take time out to give back to the city!

Theis forum wasnt about how good Live 95fm are just about the jokes they pulled off, but once again ye have taken a subject off course and put a negitive spin on things![/QUOTE]

Most Dj are from Limerick, and those who arent still work here (apart from DJ) and contribute to the economy!

Their news is from 7am-7pm I'm pretty sure, but they still provide a service when they have their news, that is just knit picking now!

They dont have to give the deaths... RLO, Galaxy, Wired, and even the hospital dont! Anyway they have more news coverage then any other popular music station!

What do u mean most of the stuff is automated from Belfast! Please give examples!!!

Your acting like the station is against you!!!

ok examples coming up

http://www.96fm.ie/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=58766
    http://www.q102.ie/newsroom/inbrief.asp?pt=n
    http://www.live95fm.ie/newsroom/inbrief.asp?pt=n

take a look at the list of news stories. now remove the odd local story that has been inserted into each of the sites. limerick stories for 95fm, dublin stories for q 102 and cork stories from 96fm.

they are in exactly the same order which signifies that they are getting their news stories from a central source automatically in the same way the first 20 posts appear on the front page of boards.ie

one more thing you might want to look at. click on the video for stories that have it availible. the news is provided by UTV in Belfast.

Entertainment
    http://www.96fm.ie/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=e&id=8240
    http://www.live95fm.ie/newsroom/inbrief.asp?pt=e

you can check out q102 yourself.
    Their news is from 7am-7pm I'm pretty sure, but they still provide a service when they have their news, that is just knit picking now!

Not really. INN does not come from limerick and it provides 33 percent of the news bulletins for Live 95fm.
    They dont have to give the deaths... RLO, Galaxy, Wired, and even the hospital dont! Anyway they have more news coverage then any other popular music station!

They do have to meet the 20 percent speech content set down by the BCI. RLO and Galaxy are unlicenced so they are not tied to the rules set down by the BCI.

Wired is not a commercial station it has a different set of rules to meet, but a certain amount of their material has to be speech also.

Ok i have said this before but... UTV own the station and run the site! OK!

Clare fm should be on the same page as Live 95fm, right?

Their news ends way before ours ... on pretty much every bulliton!

What is wrong with a local station???

Clare FM makes some sort of an attempt to entertain and inform its entire locale. playing not just pop music. It also has a large portion of its programing devoted to traditional music. where as live 95fm stick to their set playlist, playing roughly fifty of the same songs over and over again.

as well as that Clare FM does not have the large media group behind it that Live 95fm does.

So because Clare fm dont have the same power behind them, you have decided to throw your weight behind them?????

On the weekend on Liver 95fm theres that 'guess the year' or whatever thing, where they talk about stuff that was going on in the city, and how much things used to cost in certain shops, etc.. Actually there is another example of how they are cementing the station to be a local station!

There's the local bands thing on Sunday night, the country music thing sometime at the weekends, they have that '(name) in the county' show for issues concerning farmers etc., and the Limerick today show!

95fm do entertain everyone... and if u are not entertained ring into pretty much every show and ask for a request!

Ha I feel like i should be paid for all this free publicity of Live 95fm!!!!:)

I find that the quality of the output from Clare FM is alot better than Live 95fm. what s wrong with that, it happens to be true.

Every station in the country has an oldies programme on at sometime during the weekend. nothing special about that.

That county news is like on tuesdays and thursdays for about half an hour. during the Limerick today programme.

If live 95 FM entertain everyone, then why do we have pirate stations.

• Advertisement

They have a new show on the weekends for people in the county as well as that now!

They TRY to entertain everyone... most shows are phone in, so the people can ask for what they want. Then the shows that arent play songs that have been requested recently because the station knows they are popular. The more they play them the more people request them, so the more they play them!

Yes it may seem like an unending cicle of songs but songs come and go (Rich girl probably soon will be slowly being played less and less)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

Limerick_man you seriously need to get a life. That is the worst excuse for a radion station I have ever heard. Their shambolic song which they released for the munster game made me cringe everytime I heard it. The people working there have no shame and are obviously trying to get as much airtime as possible so that they will have enough experience to apply for positions with more professional radion stations such as 2FM, BBC etc.
    Whenever Munster have a rugby match coming up it is advertised on the Station every 5-10 mins. Declan "hopeless" Copues rants on about " the boys in red, drinking bovril at the match, having bacon and cabbage beforehand etc etc", he generally hasnt a clue about rugby and has nothing else to talk about.
    I will however give credit to the Sports team who do provide quite good coverage for every sport happening in the region.
    the best thing that radio station ever did was cut the "Farming Focus" section back to 2 mins as opposed to a half hour.
    I wont even comment on Catriona Tierney.

Y wont u comment on Catriona Tierney...

Surprised as you may be but this station is the most listened to!

This 'most listened to' crap they come out with... this station benefits from false information when the listenership polls come out

When people are canvassed for these polls, they are given the choice of radio 1, 2fm, today fm etc and the other choice is simply local radio

People that listen to RLO, which has a huge listenership especially in the county, have their vote cast for Live 95 when they say RLO, so Live 95's listenership figures are actually partly RLO's

The figures arnt gotten from polls! RLO has a precentage of the listenership so that simply cant be true... maybe that was just a poll you took!

Limerick_man you seriously need to get a life. That is the worst excuse for a radion station I have ever heard. Their shambolic song which they released for the munster game made me cringe everytime I heard it. The people working there have no shame and are obviously trying to get as much airtime as possible so that they will have enough experience to apply for positions with more professional radion stations such as 2FM, BBC etc.
    Whenever Munster have a rugby match coming up it is advertised on the Station every 5-10 mins. Declan "hopeless" Copues rants on about " the boys in red, drinking bovril at the match, having bacon and cabbage beforehand etc etc", he generally hasnt a clue about rugby and has nothing else to talk about.
    I will however give credit to the Sports team who do provide quite good coverage for every sport happening in the region.
    the best thing that radio station ever did was cut the "Farming Focus" section back to 2 mins as opposed to a half hour.
    I wont even comment on Catriona Tierney.

i suggest you tone it down a little with your comments about other posters here.

actually tone it down alot!

The figures arnt gotten from polls

Indeed they are. the survey that is carried out is called the Joint National Listenership Research or JNLR

more information can be found about it at the link below
    http://www.bci.ie/jnlr.html
    RLO has a precentage of the listenership so that simply cant be true... maybe that was just a poll you took!

I'm afraid moshpit is correct, anyone in the Limerick franchise area who says RLO, Radio Kerry Clare FM get the box with "Local Commercial Station" ticked, on their survey sheet

A survey carried out by UL students however, showed that of the unlicensed stations, Galtee was the most listened to unlisenced station, with Radio Limerick One following them.

Now that Galtee has gone, and some of Galtee's presenters are now on RLO this will no doubt have changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

i suggest you tone it down a little with your comments about other posters here.

actually tone it down alot!
    Whats to tone down? Boards.ie is for debating\stating your opinion etc etc.

Advertisement