Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Cursor focus when typing

Options
  • 01-04-2005 1:45pm
    Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

a lot of the time when I'm in the middle of typing, the focus of the cursor moves somewhere else on the page and I end up typing over something already typed, if you know what I mean. Sometimes it even deletes a big chunk of what I've typed. Has anyone else ever seen this issue and if so, is there some way to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

its more than likely your hand accidentally brushing off the touchpad while your typing, this used to happen to me occasionally with my laptop but its just a matter of adjusting your hand position so that you dont hit the touchpad, failing that you could disable the touchpad while your typing, my compaq has a button just above the touchpad which disables it, but you might be able to define a shortcut key to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Is it a Toshiba? Know someone that has this hppen to them on occasion, don't think he's found a solution yet.

Has it been happening since you got the laptop?If no then try reinstalling the OS to help narrow it down. If its still occuring after then it must be a hardware issue.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

it's definitly not my hand brushing off the touchpad. I'd thought of that but my typing style means it couldn't be that. It's an advent Laptop from PC World. Great laptop. No problems with it at all apart from this one annoying thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I used to have this problem and its my self of typing. I leave my thumbs sticking out :eek: Mines a Sony Vaio and I just disable the touch pad. These days I don't have the problem as much, I think I've adjusted my typing style a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

this happens me too and I've a Dell inspiron.. it's really really annoying. though I'm pretty sure it's not me hitting the touchpad.. as it's a good bit beneath the keypad and my hands rest on either side of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement