Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Wing & RTE

Options
  • 01-04-2005 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

WTF???
    I had the tape all set up last night to record the West Wing 22.45 to 23.40.

Was going to bed and thought I'll just stick it on and see the first couple of minutes... only to see some ponce called Franc organising weddings for some rich birds?????

This was scheduled to be on from 22.15 to 22.45!
    I ended up having to go downstairs and wait for the West Wing to come on and then start taping.... at 23.15! RTE's excuse??
    "Slightly later than advertised, here's the West Wing"

What a bunch of amateurs....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

ah crap..I had the sky+ box set for this and third watch last night. Missed them I assume now. It's not like RTE update the sky planner as BBC do when schedules are gone out of whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I know, that would mean efficiency.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

Just as Prime Time was finishing last night, news started to come through about the pope, so Prime Time stayed on a little longer to cover the story. All programs were running 10 - 15 minutes late because of this on Rte 1 last night.

Thanks Chris, but it was more like half an hour.

At least we know why it was late... but like Ludo said, why cant they update their schedules like other channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It is perfectly fair enough to extend programs over the Popes health and understandable. But they should still update the EPG to reflect the changes. It is not like it is a lot of effort. They are brutal at the best of times with their time keeping. The 9 o'clock news doesnt even start at nine anymore. It was five past before it started on wednesday night and that is almost the norm now.

• Advertisement

I couldnt agree more... it's only by chance that I copped it... If I had missed it I'd be going mental!

Looks like I'll have to check it every week now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Its weird because the Independent yesterday said that the west wing would start at 11.05. Aertel said it would start at 22.45.

Low and behold it started at 11.10. Does the Independent have some divine power that it knew the pope was going to become really sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Just as Prime Time was finishing last night, news started to come through about the pope, so Prime Time stayed on a little longer to cover the story. All programs were running 10 - 15 minutes late because of this on Rte 1 last night.

that only delayed it by 5 minutes.... that program with the ponce was 45 minutes , not 30 as it appeared on the schedule....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

The larger question to be asked here was who the hell commissioned the wedding programme? I don't want my licence money to be spent on assisting the rich and fame-seeking in their "crazy antics".

Frankly, the concept of the programme was dreadful as well - I genuinely see no reason why this show was given the go ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The larger question to be asked here was who the hell commissioned the wedding programme? I don't want my licence money to be spent on assisting the rich and fame-seeking in their "crazy antics".

That show was commissioned as part of the True Lives series, and unless it was a new show was a repeat from 2 years ago. It was produced by the same company that filmed the Chavez documentry.

On a larger note about about RTÉ scheduling which is strange you should email andrew.fitzpatrick@rte.ie he is the head of scheduling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Elmo wrote:
    That show was commissioned as part of the True Lives series, and unless it was a new show was a repeat from 2 years ago. It was produced by the same company that filmed the Chavez documentry.

Guess since then they went dramatically downhill!

Advertisement