Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question about power supply

• 01-04-2005 1:39am
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 laptops, one is a Fujitsu Seimens and the other is a Toshiba. The charger on the FS is no longer working. At first I thought it was connection at the back of laptop but I tried my toshiba charger and that charges it no bother.

Now the problem I have, and I am looking for advise on this part is, both chargers are 19v but the FS one is 3.95A whereas the Toshiba is 6.3A. Also the polarity is identical. Both chargers are made by LiteON but I am a bit concerned about the difference in the Amps. Will this do any longterm damage to the FS laptop or would I be better of to go and try and source an exact match for the Fujitsu Seimens charger.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

should be no prob using the toshiba charger, since it can handle more amps than the other one.

the voltage is the same so no probs. the FS will just draw less current than the toshiba.

it should work provided there are no fancy stuff inthe charger, ie that its just a simple power supply and the laptop handles all the charging stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

if you are still uncertain about using it, pop into like peats or maplins, and just get a universal one.. it wouldn't be much of a problem to find one, and they are cheap. :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks guys.

btw... Shrimp, you have been keeping a low profile lately.

Advertisement