Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching

Options
  • 22-06-2001 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

I'm looking for some advice. My nolimits account is being taken this weekend and well it has put a sharp hold on my hopes for this summer. I have just finished my leaving cert and my plan was to learn as much as I possibbly can about security this summer but I dont know where to start or what to look for and generally I would search around but as I said my time is limited so I asking anyone if they would please tell me what to get and where to get it so I can read and learn as much as I can while offline. I want to learn as much as possible and now that Im not studying to fail my Leaving I have the time to do it but I need places where I can find documents or anything even give me some names of books I would apprecciate it.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Hi Schrodinger.

I tend to put links I come across to various security sites/articles that you might find useful. http://heap.nologin.net/

You'll find stuff in the "Securing OSs etc" link relating to Operating systems and various applications. Programming security stuff is generally on my programming links page.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Thanx dudes. So far the only books I have bought are O' Reilly TCP/IP Sys Admin and The Unix Sys Admin Bible both of which I plan to study hard. If any of u could please email any good links to docs or anything u come accross I'd love it I can get them while I'm checking my mail in Net Cafe's. So far the only OS's I know are Windows, FreeBSD and I dabbled around with OpenBSD for a month but realised I didnt know enough *nix so I went back to FreeBSD but I have collected a few now and whenever I get a job and get some old pieces of junk I will install them and play around.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Heh forgot to give my email wink.gif schrodinger_@another.com

[This message has been edited by schrodinger (edited 23-06-2001).]

Advertisement