Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
  • 31-03-2005 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'm going to give 3 horses running tomorrow and if we're going to adopt the new confidence bracket system then we have one nap, one fancies and an each way.

LINGFIELD 2:45 NAP
    Storm Chase

This horse was backed from 14s into 5s for a 0-60 handicap on tuesday and was only beaten a neck by favourite he's a star. Storm chase's last run over this surface was nothing to write home about but it was against some good horses who have come out and won again and are currently running in some alot better grades. This is a slighlty better race, on paper, than tuesday but I think connections were almost certain of victory on tuesday and send him out again quickly off bottom weight to gain compensation here.

NEWBURY 1.30 EACH WAY

Hot Shots

In one way I just have a feeling about this horse. Timmy Murphy is back on board and from looking at the horse's form it appears that when Timmy is up the horse has a real chance. What I mean is, last time out he was a 33-1 shot in the imperial cup, before that he was 100-1 in the King George, and before that he came third in a class A Grade 2 Chase....ok what's my point? Well the form of his third in that last mentioned race sits well here and I think Timmy back up is significant. I could be wrong but surely at the forecast 9-1 he's a good thing for at least a place?

LINGFIELD 3.20

Savoy Chapel Fancy

I'm opposing the short priced favourite here so any of you who lay horses can pick up on this too.
    This horse beat a smart horse in dragon slayer last time out, and that was after he missed the break completely. He's been described as a horse who likes to win and I think that's a quality you need to have on your side if it comes to a head to head battle. The favourite won his maiden by a neck at this track so although we know that he goes well at lingfield, Savoy Chapel quite likes this place too and it wasn't a particularyl great bunch that he bet that day. Add to that that the trainer says that the horse was showing nothing at home prior to his debut I think that up against some better horses we will see his true colours. I'm aware that at the forecast price of 6/4 this favourite may be better than I think but I'm prepared to bet that he's not.

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Storm Chase. I'll read up on him. Thanks for the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Don't like how the betting is going in these races....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

betting seems to be going your way in the 2:45 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Storm Chase pipped by the unpopular favourite. unlucky fade2black.
    [edit - sorry he was 3rd, my mistake]

luckily for me i'm not betting today (waiting till tomorrow when I can go to the bookies)

Hot shots had no kind of run, he was hampered by a faller and the loose horse proceeded to follow him around and bump into him at every opportunity.

Storm Chase just didnt last home unfortunately

Savoy Chapel did what was asked of him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

I baked Storm chase. I should have done him EW.

Im on a bit of a losing run at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I baked Storm chase.
    So that's why he was sweating up so badly beforehand.

I think people lost confidence in me by the time savoy chapel ran

Advertisement