Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird thing happened on the way to ........

Options
  • 08-06-2001 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else get this on thursday night at arround 2pm.I was surfing minding my own business when next thing i find myself in a irc chat room with like 95000 peeps half of whom were saying HOW DID I GET IN HERE i was surfing ect ect.Having read that bit on zombi bots the other night i was just wondering if i had unwittingly been draw into some kind of attack.I got me a trogan sniffer but that returned an all clear havent had a go at a worm sniffer yet and im using a good firewall(software only sadly).Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how this happened ?.

Stone biggrin.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Are you sure you didnt dream this smile.gif , 95,000 people in one irc room, highly unlikely...

-Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, I'd say most users would just get flooded out from all the joins/parts/quits.

If you suddenly found yourself in an irc #, then maybe you were 'invited' while having 'auto-accept invitations' on?

But then you said you were just surfing...
    So it may have been one of those fancy mIRC links, that only a handfull of webpages use... did it by any chance happen when just as you clicked on a supposed www link?

You didn't mention whether the irc connection was web-based, or a seperate irc client that started up.

hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Id say it was web based as i dont even have irc installed at the mo.As for joining coz i was offered the chance no the window just popped up with 9500 odd(typo last time i was guest 7500ish)people in there weird stuff(most were people quite freaked at being there for no apparent reason) indeed i was just flipping from page to page via links but the links i was using had no mention of chat rooms i was looking for a decent place to download podbot 2.

Stone biggrin.gif
    Ps i had a few pages open but nothing i could see would take me into a chat room

[This message has been edited by Stonemason (edited 08-06-2001).]

Advertisement