Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Scoile-Yellow buses

Options
  • 31-03-2005 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I think they are still a few of them around, probably quite a few.We had so many accidents in them, broke down so many times. One incident i remember the exhaust falling off and having to walk half a mile to school in the freezing cold!
    Also remember them hard plastic-ey material seats, having a cold to near numb arse when getting off to go into school :)

[IMG]http://members.aol.com/ SchoolBusYard/irish.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

there used to be a ****load of these busses parked in thrles railway station, it is the only place i have seen them, as far as i know they are stil in use, although whether or not they have been replaced with newer ones I dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

think most of them are them older bus eireann ones now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Cheese box as we used to call it. We used to get it sometimes when ou other bus was in for repair. Another bus was the really long ones which were 2 buses welded together as far as i could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

I think there are a few still in use.

There may also be a couple in the National Transport Museum in Howth - www.nationaltransportmuseum.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

I don't think there are any of the old yellow school buses left in service (I'm open to correction though). They'd be at least 30 years old now! There seem to be quite a few ex-Dublin Bus singledeckers (93-94 reg) around the country now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Nearly sure they are still using them in kilkenny for the school runs when the other buses brake down.

Remember going home from school one really warm summer evening and i went to open the roof window, it just got ripped off the top of the bus and fell on to the road behind us.

the bus driver, saw it but just kept going!!!

Advertisement