Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jer and Larry working on new sitcom

Options
  • 31-03-2005 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Casting Director Michael Dunlop called in to share the exciting news that Jerry Seinfeld is working on a new sitcom! Titled “Jerry,” the sitcom will be set in a comedy club & the fun interaction that happens with the people that work in the club (bar staff, door guy, coat check girl, bouncer, cook, etc) & the comedians. Jerry is looking for new talent to cast in the show & they have partnered with us to find 5 of Seattle’s “best” to audition for Jerry this Saturday at an undisclosed hotel. Here is the deal….Jerry will join us on the phone this Friday to listen to everyone audition…just come down to the studio anytime between 7 & 10 AM this Friday & be prepared to do a 30 second “slam” (as Michael called it). Basically you will need to do a 30 second monologue showing off your personality. Jerry will pick his favorite 5 of all the people that come in to audition. It’s first come, first served…so try and get here around 7 ish (cut off is at 10 AM).

At first I thought this was an Apr fools joke but then look at this link.

http://board.seinology.com/index.php?showtopic=1661&st=0&#entry33196

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

This begs the question, can Jerry replace Seinfeld?

I mean, even if Jerry was to write a new show (with or without Larry David) I don't think it would ever be the same as Seinfeld, so I for one, won't be getting excited about it. When you consider the way Seinfeld was treated this side of the pond, it will be a surprise to see any follow up broadcast over here, especially if it is in the same vein of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Wow, this is v. interesting. I wonder how it will compare to Seinfeld too?

The LD/JS combo in my view produced the best stuff throu the 9 seasons and I defo think we have to give them the benefit of the doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

andysavage.com reveals it was an April fools prank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

I was wondering why the Seinfeld fan site that I have bookmarked failed to mention your good news. Since the regulars at this site are real Seinfeld diehards it would have been tempting to rip into them for not being on the ball on this. Boy am I glad I managed to restrain myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Gullible souls we are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I got tricked last year too with an e-mail saying Sein DVD's being released, thankfully that did eventually happen.

Advertisement