Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painter Quote!

Options
  • 31-03-2005 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi There,

I am getting a painter in to paint my apartment, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, sitting room and hallway, this will include all ceilings, walls and timber work, both under coat and gloss on the timber. I'm been quoted between €300 and €400 labour per day. Is this realistic or are they having a laugh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

How many guys is that?Why are you paying them a day rate? Get them to price the whole job and give you a total figure.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

dbre01 wrote:
    Hi There,

I am getting a painter in to paint my apartment, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, sitting room and hallway, this will include all ceilings, walls and timber work, both under coat and gloss on the timber. I'm been quoted between €300 and €400 labour per day. Is this realistic or are they having a laugh?

How long will they ....be moving in for.....err sorry...take to do the job.
    As Fingalian says, get a total quote.

kadman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dbre01

I just talked to the guy, He will be doing it on his own, he has estimated it will take 5 days at a total cost of EUR 1900, not including materials

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Well if thats going through the books for the tax man it sounds about right,but if its a cash job forget it.

Its usually around €300 a day onsite for a bloke on price work,could be a little bit more .As the above have said get him to give you a quote for whole job instead of a daily rate.

So your supplying the materials as well on top of the daily rate.The reason maybe he is giving you that price is because there could be a lot of covering up and moving furniture/taking pictures off walls also.It can take time to cover up a room with furniture in it.

Ask him how long does he reckon it will take him on a daily rate?He should be able to tell you if he is an experienced painter.

€1900 is actually not bad if you will only have him for a week.I was going to say it would be around €1500 for labour.It all depends on if you got a good recommendation from someone about him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dbre01

Cheers for that Mad M, He's been reccomended by a friend of mine, she has told me he is very neat which is a definite plus in my book. I thnk I'll accept his offer.

Many Thanks.

Yeah no worries.Hope it works out.Well if he is neat and good and was recommended then thats half the battle.

Try and buy white for ceilings in 10litre drums as it works out cheaper.Same for walls as well.Thats if your going with a few rooms(bedrooms) same colour.

goodluck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cindy

Ask Chris Quail, to give you a quote his is very good, and very reasonable. Phone 087 2252629 or 01 4625729

Advertisement