Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel today..

Options
  • 31-03-2005 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Any interest in this today?!

I got a tip for Move Over in the 4:30 as an e/w. Currently 8/1. Seemingly, the owners are only worried about one other horse!

I've also been told that Aleatory will take 5:30 @ 2/1.

Up to yourselves as usual!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Morgans

Aleatory and Just James should win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭applehunter

I really fancy Columba in the Beginners Chase. Hes 11/2 on Powers and I think hes a cert of finishing the top 3.

Its a punter friendly card today with 2 maidans and a beginners chase. Hopefully Columba will do the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

With all off the above. Steel band is a brave wee horse but I think Cheltenham may have taken a lot out of him.

A treble that should pay today is

Hurricane Alan 5/4
    Aleatory 2-1
    John James 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 de_roiste

fade2black wrote:
    With all off the above. Steel band is a brave wee horse but I think Cheltenham may have taken a lot out of him.

A treble that should pay today is

Hurricane Alan 5/4
    Aleatory 2-1
    John James 2-1

Where is Hurricane Alan running Fade?

Sorry for the non reply De roiste....hope it saved ya though...He was 5-4, drifted out to 15-8 while the 2nd favourite, Autumn Glory came into 15-8 and won cosily. An interesting race really because on form, Hurricane Alan looked to have the beating of Autumn glory but it just proves how dangerous this time of the year is.

Well done on your post by the way, 2nd at 10-1, you got it bang on. You're welcome with open arms into our little racing area here. Keep em coming, and thanks for the good input.

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭applehunter

Columba finished a poor 4th. He was lucky to finish there as 2 horses fell at the last. Endless Magic was haunted.

Niall Madden won the bumper. Good call de roiste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Morgans wrote:
    Aleatory and John James should win.

fair play. was doing silly things today - one of those days.

put €50 on John James at 5/2 - got back €175, so was set up for the day!
    but a series of silly/brave bets left me down €190 coming towards the end of the day :eek: (Danjet, Hurricane Alan, Jahia - a serious case of seconditis)

but I was brave in the last in Clonmel (despite the little drift to 2/1) and stuck €100 on the nose !!!! - (its nerve wracking using betfair betting in running as the 'commentary' waiting for 1.01 to appear !!! - if you've got problems you'll know what I mean!)

not sure whether this forum is a curse or a blessing....wouldn't have started backing today if I didn't see John James but wouldn't have got out if I didn't see Aleatory !!!

Nice bit of honesty there scargill. It's tough to turn away from the chance at more profit but I always find that it's best to just back your own selections and hope for the best. Never good to stay in a bookies all the time.

The forum here could become profitable with De roiste on board with the rest of us, I think we need to break the tips down to maybe 2 levels of confidence....Banker material, and strong fancy. Maybe add in an wach way to that.

What ya think?

yes that sounds like a good idea face2black. but then again Hurricane Alan would've been a Banker !!

I agree that there are a few decent posters here who seem to know what they are talking about. Whenever I see someone posting up a tip I'll take a check back on their recent tips to see how good they are - I hope others are doing that too. There are one or two spoofers in here too !

And your point about knowing when to put your profit in your pocket and walk away is well made too. Its tricky sometimes when the bookie is a convenient click away. I really have to start handing money over the counter in my local bookies - will make me think twice about the silly bets you do online.

True enough.

Maybe if we go by a color system? That could be a ****e idea but you know, something like red for highest confidence, blue for NB and Green for each way.

I had a good enough start with the tips but lately has only been moderate. Best to wait until confidence is highest I guess.

And feel free to point out the spoofers, could be helpfull to all. If im one, well then that's an incentive to improve right there.

• Advertisement

actually, just thinking about it again. Maybe if the tipster could indicate how much they are putting on the horse themselves ? Not Euro amounts but they could say that this tip is a '5 unit' bet (where their normal bet is 1 unit).
    or is this too complicated ?

Could be a better idea alright. Ok the usual suspects.....we'reopen to suggestions here..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

If you say that your absolute banker is 5 points then just tip horses with a confidence factor of 1-5 points, it's very clear and is what most tipsters do anyway.

Advertisement