Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idlewild

Options
  • 31-03-2005 2:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭

Did anybody listen to their new album yet? I plan on buying it soon, but would like a few opinions on it.

I really like them already, with their other albums. Their songs have very simple structures, and are all very similar. I think they're nice to listen to though.

They're playing the Ambassador on the 28th of April. 25e I fink it is. Sons % Daughters are supporting. I doubt it'll be sold out. I may perhaps go... if I can find enough pennies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i've seen them live a few times before. very good, but maybe a bit short. i don't think i'll be getting there new album, i don't like the single all that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i personally hate them but my buddy is a big fan and says its fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they are a great band, i'm a favourite of the remote part and 100 broken windows.

the new album isn't that great, there are a few good acoustic songs which are good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Going to see them shortly. Glad Sons And Daughters are supporting, been curious about them for a while now.

I'm sure I'll aquire their new album in good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

the latest album is very disappointing tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I was a big fan of 100 Broken Windows and The Remote Part, but the new album (Warnings / Promises) isn't up to the same standards. Two of the guys left the band, and another 3 joined up, so the line-up has changed a lot, as has the general feel of the songs. Personally, I like the single, but it is the best song on the album by quite a long way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

and what a hair cut!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I liked The Remote Part very much. However I loved the 1st single off the new album but the 2nd single I don't like very much so I won't be buying Warnings/Promises just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the second single "I understand it" is a better song than "love steal us from loniliness"

the new album won't put me off going to them at end of this month though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Im going to the gig
    I loved their first 3 albums
    the new one is a bit meh though

• Advertisement
Advertisement