Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse racing terms question

Options
  • 30-03-2005 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

i was reading "The Racing Post" in Paddy Powers bookie. After the race details it gave the name of two horses from this race in boxes and it said "PostData" beside one, and "PP" something beside the other. Can anyone tell me what this means? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

PostData is a feature of the racing post that makes a selection based on a horses record in the current race conditions (i.e. going, distance, course) as well as the draw, the trainer form, the horses ability and the horses form. Therefore the horse that had PostData beside it would be the selection for the race based on the aforementioned criteria.

No sure what PP would have meant, are you sure it wasn't RP? As in Racing Post Ratings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Morgans

I presume you mean RPR. Racing Post Ratings. Not everyone takes the same view as the official handicapper, and the RPR are the ratings that the RP handicapper gives a horse. Previously called Postmark. Can be a very useful tool.

Advertisement