Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire 1300

Options
  • 30-03-2005 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I have an Acer Aspire 1300 Laptop. The motherboard died and was replaced and since then the touchpad has stopped working and I've been using a mouse. As the touchpad no longer works does this mean that the motherboard drivers need updating? If so, can anyone name a website that I can download the drivers from?

Thanks!

:D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Full link to the touchpad driver:
    ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_1300/driver/xp/mouse.zip

Try em and see I killed my touch pad drivers by accident and reinstalled them and they were grand. I have an Acer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Brilliant! Thanks very much! :D

OK, I downloaded and tried to install the touchpad driver and nothing. It looks as though everything to do with the touchpad has gone as I did a search for it and nothing came up.

Don't really know what to do next.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TheTick

Who replaced the mother board? they may not have connected the touch pad properly, i preume it's plugged into the MB somehow!

Acer in the UK repaired it as it was still under warranty at the time. It's not now, though, so must find someone to take a look at it. It works fine apart from that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I was thinking a bit more about this. The touchpad can be disabled in the BIOS and froma key board shourcut (Fn+F7 on my Acer). You should check both those. Is the touch pad listed in the hadware list?

Just tried Fn and F7 and nothing and the touchpad isn't listed in the hardware list. Looks like something drastic happened when the motherboard was replaced. :( Will get someone to take a look at it. Thanks for the advice! :)

Advertisement