Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get a full domain with no banners for free ?

Options
  • 11-04-2001 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

or you could just use.....
    <script>
    <!--
    function i_hate_frames()
    {
       if (top.location != location) {
        top.location.href = document.location.href ;
      }
    }
    -->
    </script>

</head>

<body onload="i_hate_frames()">

breaks you out of frames.

icon1.gif

- Ciaranj - ciaranj.com

This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

1) Namezero aren't really that new... theyve been operating for about 1/2 a year now.

2) They have stopped accepting international orders (only the yanks can have a .com from them) .. okay , put a false adress...

3) It takes 6-8 months now to register a domain... by then we will have interntet that streams straight through cables to our brains.

4) If you crack the banner, and they see it , they terminate your account... no getting out of it , unless you pay for the domain.

5) Namezero are slow, unreliable and QUEER.

6) take a look at my domain which was registered with namezero http://www.fr4g.com , as you can see , they have decided to use my site as some queer fag0t advertising center...

Nuff sed. If you want a domain , PAY FOR IT... all these free services are NOT worth it :P

thats just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

well obviously if you want a serious domain you'd pay for it..... but if you want www.richindub2-is-a-spam-queer.com for a laugh, then these are perfect.

btw. is it possible to get a domain for like £15 / £20 and re-direct to some free webspace?? i don't want to pay for full domain hosting.

- Ciaranj - ciaranj.com

This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 11-04-2001).]

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

SuperNoodle
    did you try cracking your banner, and were you caught ?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

http://www.gandi.net/

have the cheapest domain rates I know of unless you get them in bulk.

12 euros per year, just under a tenner.

They will include web forwarding, and forwarding of one e-mail address for that.

Bargain, and very well run, never had any problems with em.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

Oj, Yes , and yes. smile.gif

Tom: how exactly do you make vhosts with namezero?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

catalog.com seems pretty good
    $30us and u get free hosting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

nice one ciaran, I now have a namezero with no banners. Wonder how long it will last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jademan

domainzero no longer offer the free service as of 4+ months. They were the best as the domain was registered in your name and not their Co. name.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

If you look at the domain I registered on NameZero for my Dads website http://www.lambaydiving.com I have it redirected through 2 sites into my IOL account which promptly rids of the banners.
    Its basically a big redirector.

Slaan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

This domain name has been obtained from a former member of Namezero.com, Inc., and is now available for purchase. Please click here for more details. If you believe that this domain name violates your trademark or other intellectual property rights, click here to view our dispute resolution policies. Click here if you are the former member associated with this domain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

Lads just buy 1 from gandi.net thats what i did it only costs £10 quid and u can have a redirection or a full domain its up to you.

I bought http://unreal-gamers.com/ for my ut site and it is working out fine.
    Only take them 24 hours 2 set them up. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

wow 24 hours thats really long most registers take at most an hour

Advertisement