Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me to get a skatepark!!!!!

Options
  • 30-03-2005 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi every1! i am starting a pettition to get a skatepark nearer the inner dublin area!!! I am going from house to house asking 4 their support! I also need a group of skaters to come and help me get the counsils permission!!! If you live anywhere near the dublin 18 area please come and help i would love the support!! Im only 14 but i have alot of info and i know alot of info!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!! it doesint matter if your a BMXer,Inliner or skater any1 who skates at a skatepark help me 2 help the skating scene! :cool: I also have some info pages i will send out if u want a pettiton sheet to fill out e-mail me at alro12@eircom.net and i will sort u out! Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for helping! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Email me at irishskateparkforum@yahoo.co.uk and I'll give you some info on whats happening with skateparks in your area. Also check out my website www.geocities.com/irishskateparkforum for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Forget that.

The Councils/Dublin Corpo are so afraid of litigation and getting sued when accidents happen that they'll never open anything like anywhere in the country.

It really annoys me when people bang on about kids having sedentary lifestyles when there's a complete failure to build any outdoor amenities in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Forget that.

The Councils/Dublin Corpo are so afraid of litigation and getting sued when accidents happen that they'll never open anything like anywhere in the country.

It really annoys me when people bang on about kids having sedentary lifestyles when there's a complete failure to build any outdoor amenities in this country.

I got sick of waiting and emigrated, I advise you all do the same ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DR.Pepper

Irleland is a pussycat compared to the other countries we are to affraid to do anything! anyway the government dont think that there are enough people interested in these sports but they arent the ones who go around the city who look for a good spot to skate! if they did they would really see the truth that we are interested they just need to wake up and open their eyes to see that there are other sports out there than need funding besides rugby, gaa and hurling!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

DR PEPPER

my man nothing can be further from the truth .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Heres the facts ...
    Dept' of the environment has created a fund of 1.5 million for the building of skateparks.
    Lucan, bushy park and dunshaughlin ARE going to be built.
    The tide has changed and you WILL be seeing public skateparks built in Ireland, 30 years late maybe but at long last things are happening.
    And none of this is based on rumour it's based on meetings with councils and lots of hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Well said Shagman.Im in Cork as u may or maynot know.There is an organised group of skaters and bmxers meeting every few weeks to try and see what can be done on the skatepark issue down here.I havnt been at one yet as am allways at work when they are on but Im being informed as to whats happening.
    The all new courthouse is the newest street spot down here and everyone is skating and or riding it lots of ledges and steps and rails.There are cctv cameras taking automatic pictures of the spot.And the cops keep an eye on it all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mikekeane

i know so many people have worked so hard (Shagman is almost 40 and hes still pushing for a park) and the department of the environment have finally commited funds! BUT, BUT, BUT! Has anyone seen a planning application sign go up at the proposed locations, ground works or concrete poured. All that **** takes months of waiting and red tape, my own feeling is that when the council is involved you may as well double, tripple, or even "quadrupple" the time taken before actual construction goes ahead. dont get me wrong keep push'n on. On an informative note to ya all.... Ramp n rail had to close for almost 6 months over insurance in 2002. you would guess over CLAIMS..NOT SO...RAMP N RAIL had a claim free history but the insurance company pulled out anyway due the increased number of dickheads making bogus claims for accidents occuring watching other sporting events etc.. Eventually in 2003 someone(idiot) tried to sue the park for a broken arm after being unable to drop in on a quater pipe..THE fool got ZERO CASH, Waisted his time and money on solicitors...."Skaters dont sue!" To finish this lovelly letter ill say one thing, Hurry the **** up councillors or we'll all have to claim for the broken bones received from tripping over skate stoppers etc and build our own park with the winnings..cheers!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Advertisement