Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rules ?

Options
  • 26-04-2001 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Its not so much rules as thinking about what you post.

Say your companies router is using the default passwd and I know this. If I post this along with a link to cisco's web doc's any twat could telnet onto your router, drop access lists change the routes etc etc..would you be happy about this? eh most likely you wouldn't be happy at all at all.

Just cause your up to date on all the mailling lists and read up on all the sites doesn't mean everyone else is/does.

Posting about an expolit is one thing, posting a howto on how to go about using it is another.

Ro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

basically ... don't tell anybody how to hack :-)

Like Ronin said don't give complete discription of vunrablities of systems and how to exploit them.

just enough to make people aware ... most of the people here will be able to figure it out from a brief or at least track it down and fix it. but just not waiting some little 12 year old to surf by and just glance and get a full run-down on how to screw over a server for example.

irc.iol.ie ... was there from it's birth until it's death.

GD only GD i had anything to do with was a quake clan ... was only helping them get started doing web page etc etc.

ah right, haven't seen him around in ages :-)

ah right :-)

when he could be playing quake :-)

both ... but nobody else here plays CS so I'm forced to play quake 2 or get the odd game of qw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

As said before, discussing vulnerabilities or exploits is not a problem. Naming vulnerable sites is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

it don't matter - they're gonna take the **** out of you regardless me thinks....

damn ... then I shouldn't mention that my box has this really really big weakness ... if you enter my login and password you'll get root :P

Advertisement