Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell latitude D600 problem

Options
  • 30-03-2005 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Hi, Ive an optical mouse for my laptop and every now and then it just stops working, I unplug it and plug it back in and then it works for a while and then stops!

ive tried 2 different mice over long periods and the same thing happened.

I gave both mice to a friend with the same make laptop and the same thing happened to him (we're both windows Xp, im service pack 1 hes 2).

Any idea whats wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

ps2 or usb connection?

wired or wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

My D640 has the same problem with the touchpad.. (both in Debian and in XP).. all drivers are uptodate and the Dell bios is flashed to the most recent release... the only quick and easy fix I've found is to wiggle the finger-mouse thingy (I've no idea what they're actually called).. sorts everything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

usb, wired.
    Both mice work on ever other pc Ive come accross

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I've the exact same problem with my work d600 laptop. USB, Wired Optical MS Mouse. Stops working now and again and I have to unplug and replug. No idea why or how to remedy it. Am looking into it at the moment though!

Advertisement