Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blue line thingy? huh?

Options
  • 29-03-2005 6:26pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭

problem is that for no reason the screen of my laptop has developed a lovely cyan line running down the length of the screen.it's approx. 1 cm in from the right and it is damn annoying.
    Just wondering if thats easy to fix as i dont want to part with my lappy fo long :eek:
    would it be a problem with the screen itself or what?because i din't see how that could have happened.it literall just appeared as i sat there looking at the screen.(as you do making sure it's fine).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I've a horizontal line running across my lappy screen, it's very annoying, anyone have any idea how to fix it? (Sorry if I'm hi-jacking your thread Tar)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Try booting up using knoppix and see if it appears. If not you know it's your graphics driver or windows finding a new fault to invest itself in.

PM me if you need a copy of Knoppix (no DSL, download cap, whatever)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

to hijacker :) you have similar problem so it's fine.you may find a solution i could use!
    it's just annoying when you spend near 2 grand at christmas and something really really annoyin happens :)

thanks snapscan i'll give that a try

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

spend near 2 grand at christmas

Guarantee (sp?) perchance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

if its still there in dos its a problom with ur screen .

if the laptop is old buy a new one as screens cost a lot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ye think i may have a three year guarantee....got some1 to go find me a laptop with the specs i wanted,must check that out....
    just that i constantly need laptop for college work etc atm so i cant part with it....so its one of those-maybe ill try and fix it myself and blow it up times.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Try and fix it yourself and you'll instantly invalidate the warranty.

Bring it back to the shop you bought it from and get them to fix it as pronto as possible.

hmm guess i could get em to fix it during the summer(when the problem will occur er yea) cos the shop happens to have an ocean in the way :)
    guess i wont try myself thanks for the advise on that,might have fecked it up good .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Try and reinstall the drivers for yer video adaptors and see does that work! Also check for virsus and spyware!

been running antivirus on my laptop for 4days straight,fixed bout 100,000 viruses so far.i'll try that video adapter driver reinstallation thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement