Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stationary to be shipped to Africa

Options
  • 29-03-2005 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi,

I have 3 large boxes of stationary (notebooks, pencils, sharpeners, erasers) that were earmarked to be sent to Malawi in Africa.

However when I contacted DHL I was told that this was going to cost something like 380 euro per 10kg. Given that I have over 100kg to send and only have 850 euro to cover costs, this was a non-starter.

I contacted various charties (Trocaire, Goal, Concern etc) and they were not much help to me in terms of advice. In fact it was Trocaire who recommended contacting DHL.

I was wondering if anyone on here had any advice or connections that would help to get the boxes out to Malawi at a more reasonable price.

If this is not possible then is anyone aware of any other worthy causes that would be in need of this stationary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

any help with this? It would be great to get this stuff to a worthwhile cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

How about the Chernobyl Children's Project? They are always sending cargo envoys.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Muggins

This is probably a long shot but worth the price of a phone call. I noticed that the gang at www.bothar.ie are running a Field Study Trip to Malawi. You could try contacting them (details here).
    http://www.bothar.ie/trips.html

Advertisement