Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traxxas Fuel and Which Charger

Options
  • 29-03-2005 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

I've been contmeplating getting a Nitro Monstor Truck for some time the funds are only becoming available in the next month or two.

I've decided to get a Traxxas Revo and will probably purchase from Tower hobbies.

However am I correct in thinking that i will need to purchase a charger locally wheer will i get on and also the fuel 20% nitro i think is the required fuel for the
    Revo, where do i buy this and how much, do i need the traxxas brand or can i get soemthing equivalent from planet fun or Green Hobbies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

Well for the battery u can buy local or just get it from towerhobbies with the car As in fuel u can Buy fuel in ireland It Dont need to be traxxas Brand or 20% U Can use between 10/20% Wat i use is 16% Wont burn the engine out as fast as it would using 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

think halfords have that hpi starter pack , it not to dear and u get a glow starter,fuel bottle glow wrench, i think they have a 7.2 batt maybe and charger , it not to dear.

• Site Banned Posts: 313 ✭✭revo

Furp wrote:
    I've been contmeplating getting a Nitro Monstor Truck for some time the funds are only becoming available in the next month or two.

I've decided to get a Traxxas Revo and will probably purchase from Tower hobbies.

However am I correct in thinking that i will need to purchase a charger locally wheer will i get on and also the fuel 20% nitro i think is the required fuel for the
    Revo, where do i buy this and how much, do i need the traxxas brand or can i get soemthing equivalent from planet fun or Green Hobbies.

woo hoo another revo withiun bashing distance. mate dont go with tower hobbies. check out www.modelsportuk.com you wont have to pay tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Just to let you know,
    Halfords do have the HPI cars and trucks in stock. They also stock some spares. Talked to one of the lads and he said they will be getting a better stock soon. Back in the UK Halfords stock most spares for the HPI cars.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

revo2008 wrote:
    mate dont go with tower hobbies. check out www.modelsportuk.com you wont have to pay tax

You wont have to pay tax, but look at the difference:

Modelsport =
    shipped same week
    revo price = 385.00 pounds on offer (thats 560.412 EUR, not including shipping)

Tower Hobbies:
    May take 5~6 weeks
    Revo price = 630.00 USD (thats 485.794 EUR and that includes import vat @ 21%, shipping, and also an extra 12 euro for customs charge)

Also, tower hobbies parts are cheaper, so if you know what to buy for spares at the same time, it would work out way cheaper to buy the revo and some spares from tower (just that damn 5~6 weeks waiting)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

You could always try ebay?
    :cool:

ya but u are nver sure wat ur getting off of ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Devion

TowerHobbies

Mark it as a "send as gift" they wont include any of the legal import documantations and it will get passed of as a gift, and you cannot tax a gift :P

Or you can politly ask tower hobbies not to include priceing documentation then they can tax it either.

Buying it from UK you will still havta pay 17.5% just no tax to bring it into ireland

damn starting to wish i was atleast 100miles more >>>>>> that way
    (look at a map, east for lazy people)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

im plug using goldwing,s computer.
    I bought a t maxx from tower hobbies for €450 including everything. i had to pay €90 (25%)vat when it arrives but thats in the €450. but buy a special socket that converts 230 to 110 volts or the charger will blow like mine. I had to buy fuel in ireland they wont ship it. it took 28 days to arrive by air.

Plug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 .B.R.

Hey goldwing where do you live? Me and revo have trucks, me a tmaxx and he's a revo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

me AKA plug and goldwing live in kilkenny. Its being a while since i could reply to this couse my computer was broke.

plug, what charger did you buy and blow?

Did you get it going again?

I converted a superbrain 959 from 110 to 220 volts myself :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

goldwing wrote:
    .... but buy a special socket that converts 230 to 110 volts or the charger will blow like mine. .........Plug
    CHUCKLEZ wrote:
    .....I converted a superbrain 959 from 110 to 220 volts myself :)
    Seems to me like thats an awful lot of trouble to go to for something thats availavable in Ireland for under €15 ..... but I suppose if electronics is your pastime as well as RC it might be fun.

Show me where you can get a charger that can charge both nicads and nimh batteries from 1-8 cells for 15 euro and i will buy 10 of em!!

This will charge transmitter, reciever, glo start, hell, any battery you got lying around, this will do it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

CHUCKLEZ wrote:
    Show me where you can get a charger that can charge both nicads and nimh batteries from 1-8 cells for 15 euro and i will buy 10 of em!!
    He He He I'm referring of course to the charger that charges the nicad glowstart.
    CHUCKLEZ wrote:
    This will charge transmitter, reciever, glo start, hell, any battery you got lying around, this will do it!
    However the charger my son uses is from Green Hobby, Dublin, it does delta peak charging of nicad, nimh, (not lead acid cell) and I think it was €19.50? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

CHUCKLEZ wrote:
    plug, what charger did you buy and blow?

Did you get it going again?

I converted a superbrain 959 from 110 to 220 volts myself :)

I got a tower hobbies charger, it charges it up in 15 minutes, I never got it running so I had to buy a crap 12 hour charger for the same price.

Advertisement