Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father Of The Pride

Options
  • 28-03-2005 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

I love this program its brilliant but there's NO way it should be on at half seven and despite the claims of the sky tv guide it is NOT a "family animation"

The granfather is a dirty old man in yesterdays episode the lobster called the lion a "kn*b" and exclaimed "BALLS!" at one point. Ordinarily I wouldn't care but j*sus I can't look at that with a 8 year old in the room!

I know the simpsons and malcom in the middle and especially futurama are as bad for the adult content too, it just sucks havin to turn em off and try and make up excuses to a child as to why they can't watch cartoons. Stupid sky :mad:

Father of the Pride is a brilliant show though, I thought'd be sh*te but I was actually surprised by it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

God I'd hate to be your kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Actually it isn't the best for kids. I had it on for five minutes last week and they gave away the fact that
    there is no santa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Simi wrote:
    God I'd hate to be your kids...
    Not my kid, my sister and I don't want to be the one responsible for her turning around and calling my da a knob or sayin balls to one of her school friends and such. I'm not ready to be a mommy so its turn off the TV and hide time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Even the Simpsons have done that. TBH if you want kids to believe in Santa you'd best turn off the TV coming up to christmas.

Simi wrote:
    Even the Simpsons have done that. TBH if you want kids to believe in Santa you'd best turn off the TV coming up to christmas.

The Simpon's were a little more subtle about it.

Bart: "There's only one fat guy delivering presents around here, and his name ain't Santa"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Father of the pride is good, but tbh I don't think kids would even find it that funny. It's definitely not what i'd call a family cartoon, for that reason.

haha... and if I want to hear Cheryl Hines saying "Larry" in an exasperated tone of voice I'll watch Curb Your Enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Dont know about Father of the Pride, even though Siegfried and Roy are hilarious, what happens when the show runs out of good stars to be in their show every week.
    Still, looking forward to eddie murphy as donkey appearing this week.

And it is advertised as a show not for Children for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

I liked it, it was funny new and interesting. Just like the first time I saw Family Guy (such a good series) and the Clerks cartoon (Also good).

But I do agree it is not ment for kids, to be quite honest half the kids are saying worse nowadays anyway. I know what it was like being a kid swearing is just another part of growing up, as long as the parents are willing to teach kids the severity and the meaning of the swear word and why not to say them infront of other people they should be fine.

Hell the Simpsons have said worse Mr.burns has said "Wa***rs" before at 6:00 in the evening and there is the use of the word "ba***rd" everynow and again

Of course kids are gonna learn about swearing from somewhere at some time so why shouldn't Farther Of The Pride be on at 7:30?

Glipmac :cool:

yeah suppose my older sisters first words were "f*ckin b*stards" and she didn't learn that from tv! Its just annoyin to be watchin simpsons or father of the pride and hear a little voice saying " Why did marge and homer take their clothes off at the golf course?" or "Why don't the parents want sierra to have catnip? "

well I guess thats why god gave us sky plus!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

So you're telling me if your child asked those questions you would not answer them? So what if your child asks you "where babies come from?" would you lie or tell the truth, you can't just stifle a child's curiosity and not answer. Childern will always ask questions it is up to the parents to put them strait.

YOU need to teach your kids about life, before T.V takes over their lives and does it for you...

So for your kids sake answer those questions half the time the younger children will forget or not even understand

Glipmac :cool:

Glipmac wrote:
    So you're telling me if your child asked those questions you would not answer them? So what if your child asks you "where babies come from?" would you lie or tell the truth, you can't just stifle a child's curiosity and not answer. Childern will always ask questions it is up to the parents to put them strait.

YOU need to teach your kids about life, before T.V takes over their lives and does it for you...

*Bashes head off computer screen*

She's not MY child she's my SISTER that's why it's annoying because like you said in your post its up to my parents not me. If she were my child I wouldn't have it on, or maybe I would but that's not a decision I've to make at this point of life. At the mo I don't want to be responsible for what she watches thats up to my parents but she's seen the ads she can read the sky guide and she knows what number sky is...so therefore I've decided that its slink out of the room when I'm there and leave them tell a) tell a child she can't watch cartoons or b) handle the questions. At least then I'm not responsible for puttin the show on in the first place!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 i R baboon

i know im late but im new to boards. Glipmac would you ever leave nasty girl alone. father of the pride rules, yes it does have an adult theme but so does the simpsons, the thing is its in a manner that kids wont understand, i remember watchin the simpsons when i was younger and not noticing anything adulty, but watchin them now, its like, i dont remember them sayin that, thats cause i didnt care to know.
    anyway, father of the pride is hilarious
    Roy:wat is ze matter siegfreid, you havent touched your food
    siegfreid:auh, you've caught me again CSI Miami

Roy to Siegfreid: i shall travel forward in time and scowl at yo,wait,i just arrived, grrrrr....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Stalfos wrote:
    Dont know about Father of the Pride, even though Siegfried and Roy are hilarious, what happens when the show runs out of good stars to be in their show every week.

Supposedly it was cancelled after one season. shame. iv found some episodes hilarious and some only ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Sky One's a cable channel, so it can get away with stuff, RTE for example wouldn't. Example: British Sex and all that stuff.

Yet they cut things out of the simpsons. They're hypocrits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

I think that this is one of the worst shows in years, it's just not funny at all. John Goodman has gone way down....what has become of him since the glory days of ARACNAPHOBIA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

does family guy try and pass itself off as entertainment for all the family? i love the show but universal viewing, it aint.

Advertisement