Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squash in Trinity

• 28-03-2005 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

I was looking here http://www.tcd.ie/Clubs/Squash/ trying to get a game of squash in Trinity. I am not a Trinity grad and was wondering does this exclude me from playing there. Anyone got a contact number for them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'll have a look and get back to you a.s.a.p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You have to be a member of the sports hall. You don't have to go to trinity for that. It's liek any health/fittness club, so it's expensive enough, like 150 euro. I don't know if theres a pay as you go deal, I don't think so.

You're probably better off asking one of the committee. They'll have more derinite information than Boston or myself re: Pay per use deals, open evenings etc.

Sorry I can't be much more help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I 99% certain you have to be a member of DUCAC or a student to use the squash courts.

Amz wrote:
    You're probably better off asking one of the committee. They'll have more derinite information than Boston or myself re: Pay per use deals, open evenings etc.

Forget emailing or getting in contact with the Squash club, not how they really operate. You want to get in contat with luce sport hall directly, do a google search.

• Advertisement

Well if the Trinity club is anything like the clubs in DCU outsiders can join for an increased fee therefore they wouldn't need to join the sports club. That's why I suggested contacting the committee.

*shrug*

you can't join the club without joining DUCAC first. you have to be a member of the gym. I knew a staff member that wanted to judo in my club but ducac were making her pay the 150 or whatever first or she couldnt access the gym so she didn't bother.

Amz wrote:
    Well if the Trinity club is anything like the clubs in DCU outsiders can join for an increased fee therefore they wouldn't need to join the sports club. That's why I suggested contacting the committee.

*shrug*

The actual Squash club has nothing to do with Luce sports hall. They merely block book Squash courts for particular times. There is a higher membership fee for the sport hall, like westwood or whatever, which allowes you to use all facilities. When I mentioned pay as you go, most clubs have these pay as you go things for use of particular facilities, like swimming pool, and it's worth asking about squash.

Kev, people need to join ducac to do stuff with the clubs, not the sports hall. No much of a distinction, probably a difference of a fee quid in fee.

So like I said, they original poster should contact the committee.

Unless you'd actually like to furnish them with the contact details you mentioned above Boston?

That would have saved us all some time.

BTW probably the most important thing, If your playing against someone whose allready a member, you don't have to be. Only one membership is required.

• Advertisement

the original poster already has contact details. there in that website he posted a link to.....

as far as i know you have to pay the 150 to use the facilities of the sports hall. so i should have said you need to be a member of LUCE sports hall rather than ducac. woopsy.

Amz wrote:
    So like I said, they original poster should contact the committee.

Sorry we mush be getting wire crossed here, are you talking about the squash club committee, luce sports hall, or ducac. If its Squash, forget it, they won't reply, I know how that club works, and tried contacting them several times no reply, theres just no need. But if you want to try,
    http://www.tcd.ie/Clubs/Squash/committee.php

Other contact details are freely available through google.

Boston wrote:
    If its Squash, forget it, they won't reply, I know how that club works, and tried contacting them several times no reply, theres just no need. But if you want to try,
    http://www.tcd.ie/Clubs/Squash/committee.php
    I have already posted that link Boston.

I think it's a little presumptuous to assume that the committee won't reply. I don't reply to every e-mail sent to me in my capacity as a committee member. I'm not sure what matter you were contacting the TCD squash committee in relation to, but I'm sure they would have replied had they deemed your correspondance worthy of a response.
    Other contact details are freely available through google.
    Yes, but in the time you took to respond several times to this thread you could quite easily have found the contact details on Google and posted them here as you seem to be one of the only ones who knows where to look.

here is the link to becoming a member of the sports hall. and if that doesn't work try these people.

the Director of Sport, Mr. Terry McAuley (Ext. 3636; email:
    sportattcd.ie),

the Physical Recreation Officer, Ms. Michelle Bennett (Ext. 2243; email: michelle.bennettattcd.ie),

the Executive Officer, Ms Lucinda Gavigan (Ext. 3581; email: sportattcd.ie)

the DUCAC office, Administrator Ms. Drinda Jones (Ext.1028 email: ducacattcd.ie).

Thank you Boston :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

The number of the trinity squash club is 01 6081812

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Thanks Guys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

Deflector shields reached flux capacity! What a ride...struggling to take the turn in a canoe with a paraletic playmate down the dordogne was less of an ordeal.

I was trying to locate a squash club and im not just getting a seat beside the chorus..

Loved it - played in many a Waterford Open..

Banus
    pcwares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

/me hands this one to Amz :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

Why do you possess 'comeonbanus' in your 'signature verbal move'.

For I am the true Banus!

I don't think we want you posting here any more.

pcwares banned for off topicness.

Advertisement