Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ian Brown Shocker

• 28-03-2005 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Heard at his gig in Brighton the weekend the sound failed and he started losing it :eek: ended up having a row with one of his band members,if that wasnt bad enough some fool in the audience threw a plastic bottle of water up on stage which hit him in the leg,he went into a rant at the crowd,got the guy thrown out and continued on but apprently the whole gig was a shambles was gonna go myself and pay a tout for a ticket but am glad i didnt now..the monkey man still has a sharp temper :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

jonny68 wrote:
    the monkey man still has a sharp temper :eek:

yeah, that's for sure. I was at his gig in Carlow in December. He spent half the night shouting abuse at someone in the crowd. They obviously did something to wind him up. Brown was saying something like 'You've green eyes, man, green eyes!' Not sure what it was all about! great gig though...

he's a nutter, i saw the video of this incident, the sound-guy went up on stage and was talking to him, then he said something that didn't go down well and all of a sudden the whole band are kicking the **** out of him! Ian smacks him a couple of times with the microphone too. When they get pulled off of him he gets to his feet really shakily. I just wish teh video had sound to see what he had said!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Linky to vid?

haven't a clue where i got it from i'm afraid.

PM me for it, it's 1.08mb. Someone could host it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Emmet.. sent you a PM there. Will host it on the webspace and post the address here whenever i recieve it!

EDIT: Cheers Emmet. Click here for the video! (1.1MB)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

What a piece of shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Jayus....yer man gets a fair few digs.
    Cheers Basquille & Emmet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

From the looks of that the guy with staff on his back caused all the problems. He deserved a good hiding if you ask me. He threw the first proper punch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

thats right. he deserves five guys stomping the **** out of him. Brown doesnt do a thing until the dude is on the ground getting mashed. scumbag motherfukcer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Jesus :eek:

that's disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Brown is a piece of ****.

"Brown doesnt do a thing until the dude is on the ground getting mashed." What a ****ing scumbag, he waits until the guy is helpless before he wades in and starts clubbing him with the microphone.

I had the misfortune of going to see one of Brown's first solo gigs in the Olympia, worst gig ever. He played some of the songs off his first solo album and a crap cover of Thriller and then played one of his own songs again and Thriller again as an encore. **** on a stick.

The saddest part was all these Madchester wannabes coming out of the gig sayin "Ian brown best gig ever" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Never seen the attraction myself. Sure, the Stone Roses had a few good tunes but they're not half of what they're cracked up to be and Brown's solo stuff is dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Sleepy wrote:
    Never seen the attraction myself. Sure, the Stone Roses had a few good tunes but they're not half of what they're cracked up to be and Brown's solo stuff is dire.

i agree completely...
    i hate the guy as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

cashback wrote:
    Brown was saying something like 'You've green eyes, man, green eyes!'

:( What's having green eyes got to do with anything? whimper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭ Esteban Nice Table

just watched the video, what an absolute scum-bag, and a pussy, waiting for the guy to be on the ground before doing anything.
    ****ing knacker imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Drum boy

Thats disgraceful!

I hope he was charged with assault!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I've always been a fan of Ian Brown's music, more so his Stone Rose's stuff than his solo stuff, but as a person I've never been too fond of him and after seeing that clip it just confirmed my suspicions about him being a scumbag.

He wasn't so brave when he was toe to toe with the guy initially. :rolleyes:

roxy wrote:
    :( What's having green eyes got to do with anything? whimper...

I'd imagine the point he was trying to make was that the guy in the audience was in some way "green" with envy of the Monkey Man.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

BaZmO* wrote:

I'd imagine the point he was trying to make was that the guy in the audience was in some way "green" with envy of the Monkey Man.

B.

Yeah I reckon that's what he was saying. Of course, this was in between threatening to see the guy after the gig and whack him. Didn't think he was serious but looking at that video... Mind you he probably would have just stepped in when the guy was comatose on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

well i'm truly shocked! he used to be such a nice boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

That video is from a gig in San Francisco, not Brighton.

Check out http://www.nme.com/news/111715.htm

and an "eye-witness" account:
    http://www.holymoly.co.uk/monkeyman.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

basquille and emmet02, thanks for the clip.
    BaZmO* wrote:
    He wasn't so brave when he was toe to toe with the guy initially. :rolleyes:

:confused: yeah he was, look at it again. It was mainly verbal until 15 seconds in when matey-boy started trying to punch the singer. On Stage. In front of his band.

There's a time and a place for most things and the time to have an exchange of word with Ian definitely wasn't there. He should have WALKED AWAY when the band were taking him away from Brown. Brown was moving away from him before the aggro started. It may not be pretty but if you start swinging punches you accept what you're given.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Eh... Holy crap! For anyone who didn't read the eye witness report the beating of the staff guy was only the end of it. He's a nack. Unfortunate. I do like the Stone Roses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

LOL Ian Brown was my idol/hero..whatever,

The stone Roses are legends, but seeing this im a bit let down by the ''kick when he's down antics''. Ian brown is well able to take care of himself ''Karate blackbelt''. Jesus Ian u let me down thier m8.

Dam im gonna think of this moment evertime i stick on the roses :mad:
    Seemingly the guy who jumped him (from the audience) was a British guy who adored The Roses....obviouslt too many scrumpy jacks..Iaaaaaaannnnn...**whack** :p

Boards took me stone roses sig away AGAIN :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

lol did you see the state of the punch ian brown throws at your man with staff on his back at the start of the video, looks like he would get his head kicked in by anyone after all of his scumbag posturing haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 deise boy

I think everyone should read the report. It tells us that the guy in the video is a security guy. He dragged another guy who was drunk off ian and because the security guard stopped ian from punching him Ian turned on the security guard.

I dont think Ian is a pussy by the way! He still has the nerve cus he knows his whole band wont always be around. I also went to one of his first gigs in waterford where the sound was great, there were no stoppages, he played 3 or 4 stone roses and even came out and did a 4 song encore cus he was so happy with the crowd. Also all this Ian bashing, ok if he is a scum bag, so was John Lennon when he was drunk but he was still a legend musician.

Ok im not tryin to say what he did was ok infact i dont think it was right what ever way you look at it!! Just dont think everyone should should be bashing his music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

nobodys bashing his music just slagging off his need to act like a scumbag when he looks like he would snap like a twig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Thats the thing sleepwalker, he really can take care of himself, wtf he was doin ill never know? BTW, he is not a scumbag,

When the Stone Roses finally got out of thier contract Geffen records signed em and advanced em all 500k each, Ian Brown went around Manchester with a back pack and handed out 100k to the homeless, So altough he did a typical scumbag thing i dont believe it's in his blood, Cant defend what he did but it is certainly outta character.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

nobodys bashing his music just slagging off his need to act like a scumbag when he looks like he would snap like a twig
    Well then... i'd like to take the opportunity to say his music's shi*e..

That is all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭disgruntled

I really can't stand Ian Brown but beside the point. Anyway that NME article only seems to talk about what happened before the clip, here's a couple more articles and accounts of the incident that you might be intrested in.
    slightly different account .
    San Francisco Chronicle
    Ian Brown's site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

This is rock and roll, not cricket !!

I saw HRH King Monkey play in The Village last year and he finished the gig early because a security guy was roughing up someone at the front. He could have played 1 or 2 more songs but he stopped and started saying Thats assault, thats assault !

The security guys were acting like c*nts that night near the front, although there was far too many people in the venue,

That night he played with Fools Gold and didn't play a setlist, he took requests from the audience.

It was the 1st time in over 10years he had played any Roses' material live.

Legendary.

Advertisement