Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

gateway solo 9300 battery (laptop)

Options
  • 27-03-2005 11:12am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can get one of these or if anyone has one to sell. I got a Solo but the battery is kaput!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Try laptopbits.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

tom dunne wrote:
    Try laptopbits.co.uk.

did you try ebay for a replacement one?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Are Ebay ok to deal on I heard a few horror stories about friends in work getting stung...?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Try mundocorp.com or skyline-eng.com

Found one in Cork at http://www.jandrew-elec.com/ bit pricey but not too bad considering I got the laptop off a friend for nothing!!!! happy days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I'v never had any problems with buying stuff off ebay! I'v bought a lot of stuff there!

thanks Galwaydude18

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Replaced mine from Mundocorp- price was US$129 + 40 shipping.
    Shipping was by USPS expedited delivery, and incurred no additional charges- took less than a week.
    Brand new battery in a 9300 has an average life of about 2 1/2- 3 hours (no more than this).

Thats great news smcarrick thanks for the info....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

If it's an old laptop, you're probably better off go with a generic one. Lithium Ion batteries don't last all that long, even if they're sitting on a shelf unused...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

rsynnott wrote:
    If it's an old laptop, you're probably better off go with a generic one. Lithium Ion batteries don't last all that long, even if they're sitting on a shelf unused...

You can't put a generic battery in the Gateway solo series- as several of us here on Boards have discovered.......
    A whole load of Boardsies have these laptops- when Gateway were leaving 3-4 years ago the staff were given quite a bit of nice hard-ware, some of which has subsequently made its way onto the resale market.

Even if the laptop is getting slightly long in the tooth- its an extremely decent machine, and one I'd be loathe to part with. Its build quality is simply brilliant.

If you are buying the battery from Mundocorp- I advise you pick up the car-charger at the same time- its cheap enough, but they're not the easiest to find either.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

try this place here there irish
    http://www.expansys.ie/accessory.asp?code=116782&atype=Power&count=28

and the likes of elara.ie and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 soloman

I have an answer:contact me if you are interested in buying a solo 9300 battery as I have a solo 9300 battery.

Advertisement