Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking

Options
  • 27-03-2005 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

There are a lot of ye out there who have a laptop and a desktop and would like to network them and I would like to start a thread here for all ye to ask any questions about the issue! Also if anyone needs any network cables to this visit my thread in the for sale fourm. Here is the link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=219447&page=1&pp=20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

/me smells a thinly veiled advertisement.

*edit* how much would you charge for some 10 meter gigabit cable with RJ45's ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

sorry man I dont have any gigabit as in cat 6 cable! Only cat 5e but you can use that for gigabit networking! do you want me to quote you for the 10m cable with RJ45's?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Galwaydude19 asked me to apologise in this thread for being sarcastic. I was only slagging him (in good humour) for plugging his FS thread. Sorry, bud.

forget it! At least you had the balls to admit what you did was wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Do crossover cables work if you use them as normal hub/router cables?

• Advertisement

nope you would need straight through cable for that setup!

Advertisement