Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a doctor

Options
  • 26-03-2005 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good doctor/practice in Waterford City? At the moment I am with the Rowe Creavin surgery as I used to be in a medical plan at my old place of work, however I have now changed jobs and find myself being stung for 50 euro per visit.

On top of this I find appointments are not kept (ie. the doctor doesn't call you in until well after the appontment time has passed), and once you're in there they can't wait to get rid of you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

Unless your a student you will be paying around the 50 euro mark for a visit. I suppose most places can't be certain of exact appointment times as some people will need to be seen for longer then others etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Gadgie wrote:
    find myself being stung for 50 euro per visit.

On top of this I find appointments are not kept (ie. the doctor doesn't call you in until well after the appontment time has passed),

to see a doctor is 50 clams in most places now anyway plus surgeries never stick to your scheduled time unless you are first in. sometimes i found myself waiting up to an hour after the scheduled time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

There is another doctor on ballybricken right next to the pharmacy.. He's only 30 euro and he doesn't try to get rid of you as soon as you go in. He's a good doctor. I always go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

That would be Doctor Power. He's the family doctor for a long time now. Haven't actually been in to him very often thank God, but I've never had anything bad to say about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Thanks for that, I think I will start going there from now on. Another reason I wanted to move doctors was because the Rowe Creavin is too far away from where I live - I had to trek all the way up to Lisduggan everytime I went to see them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement