Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightscreen on rte 2.... Yeah!

Options
  • 26-03-2005 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

The last couple of nights I've noticed that Nightscreen (or page 100 of Aertel) has been coming on very early. Thursday night it was 00.35, and Friday night it was 01.00. Are we going back to the old days of RTE finishing around midnight?! Couldn't they show some dodgy US sitcom or sci-fi show instead? I actually saw Nightscreen described in a newspapers TV listings as 'Entertainment through the night'!! Hmmm...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, i noticed last night it was on very early.

I remember they used to show stuff like 'Spaced' and 'Undeclared' late Friday nights. Both great in their own right!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

they should show some 'classic' stuff from the archives or something. like old live at 3's or late late shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

At worst it'll be back to the very late hours next September. RTE will buy in a pile of new US drama so that TV3 can't get it and will show it at 2am on Friday and Saturday nights. That's what they've done the last two years. It's just that it's now the end of March and they've finished with the shows they got this year. They might go for a quick burst of the new mid-season shows that started in the US this January and show them over the summer, though they might be left till TV3's new season starts in September, though what they were showing were the one year old shows so they could get them cheap (though slightly more than TV3 were prepared to pay presumably, even with an ER tagged on).

Well, that's my theory anyway. Not necessarily a very good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

sceptre wrote:
    At worst it'll be back to the very late hours next September. RTE will buy in a pile of new US drama so that TV3 can't get it and will show it at 2am on Friday and Saturday nights. That's what they've done the last two years. It's just that it's now the end of March and they've finished with the shows they got this year. They might go for a quick burst of the new mid-season shows that started in the US this January and show them over the summer, though they might be left till TV3's new season starts in September, though what they were showing were the one year old shows so they could get them cheap (though slightly more than TV3 were prepared to pay presumably, even with an ER tagged on).

Well, that's my theory anyway. Not necessarily a very good one.

Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your
    newsletter.

Advertisement