Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smedias

Options
  • 26-03-2005 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Has anyone here entered the student media awards on the Oxygen website??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ron.burgundy

Yeah we entered in a college newspaper ...

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

what paper's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

tried to get an application form thingy 2 months ago but it never arrived :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ron.burgundy

its called The Dhulaigh Reporter, great sports section but pity bout the news section (im sure flogen will agree :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 katnip

Has anyone nominated received tickets for the night itself yet?
    only for those of us trying to get them through the website it's getting very close to the day and maybe if they've allocated to nominees, they'll put them to the public soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yeah I'm nominated for one and I got the mail yesterday evening that will admit me and one other person into the Main Auditorium on the night.

The mail also said that if you're looking for extra tickets, mail smedias[at]oxygen.ie and they'll see if they can fit you in... if it's anything like last year then there should be no problems at all. Only annoying thing was they divided everyone up once they got there, so nominees had to sit upstairs, their guests had to sit downstairs and anyone else who came along had to watch proceedings on a big TV in the bar (I think). Hopefully it won't be like that again this year!

Yeah hope we can sit with our guests. What's the story with the dress code? Smart casual?

Good luck to all the nominees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Going by last year again, smart casual was pretty much it - guys wore trousers and shirts, most girls were wearing skirts.

What are you nominated for DF?

Feature Arts & Reviews. Grand, I'll be alright with black trousers and a shirt then.

It should be a good night. What's the story with the judges? If they hang around it could be a good chance to make some contacts.

Advertisement