Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bright Eyes

• 23-03-2005 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Any Bright Eyes fans here? What are the new albums like? I hear they are both excellent. I've heard a few songs such as 'First Day of my Life' and I think they are amazing. Which of the two albums is the strongest?

Comments

amazing. Will tell more tomorrow. Saw them play in Vienna. WOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

huge fan, wish he'd hurry up and play here. haven't heard much from 'digital ash...' but heard a good bit from 'i'm wide awake' and phwooooaar right on track man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

"Lifted or the story is in the soil....." is excellent, with "Waste of Paint" a stand out track.

I'm wide awake it's morning is also good, havn't yet heard Digital ash though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

I have digital ash....but I've read reviews and i'm wide awake its morning is supposedly the better of the two new albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

depends, digital ash is a grower. im wide awake is lovely but not my fave of his

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I have the latest two albums. "I'm wide awake" is easier to get into but "Digital Ash" is pretty damned good too, it just needs more time.

What other albums are there from Bright Eyes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

If you go to http://www.saddle-creek.com/nf_home.html and go to bright eyes you can find all the albums there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Well it seems the general concensus is that this Bright Eyes guy is a bit of a genius so I think I'll be investing in an album or two of his.

Which of the albums is First Day of My Life on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

general consensus (once again, not that i own either) is that i'm wide awake it's morning is more like his normal acousticy stuff and digital ash in a digital urn is his slightly more electro stuff. it's with the lad outta yeah yeah yeahs right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

I think yer man from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs is called Nick Zinner, either way he did work on the album with Conor, and so did other members of the Saddle Creek collective, like members of the Faint (if you haven't heard the Faint, then make it your business to buy Danse Macabre/Blank Wave Arcade/Wet from Birth! fab electro-synth-rock). The Faint and Bright Eyes are touring together in the summer playing tracks from Digital Ash, and the Faint will be Conor's backing band.

I love I'm Wide Awake It's Morning, but even though it is similar to his older stuff, really he has changed a lot vocally since his last two albums, he sounds a lot more confident and less whiney. This album is really country, even though many elements of his older stuff is country, this one is more blatantly so. Anway, Emmylou Harris sings on it, and she's a country queen herself! and Jim James from My Morning Jacket sings on it too, providing lovely backing vocals!

• Advertisement
Advertisement