Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldwasser

Options
  • 23-03-2005 4:59pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever seen/drunk this? I had a couple of shots of it the other night, quite tasty and definitely the strangest thing I've drunk. It's got flakes of 22 carat gold leaf floating about in it.

Derlachsgoldwasserbottle.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

yeah,

itsd also called goldschlage iirc, might be a brand or something,
    tastes a lot like sambuca, very licoricey
    gold leaf is just like paper so the myths, if youve heard them, about making little cuts in your stomach lining to get you drunker are bs

nice in small doses, bad hangovers otherwise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Goldschlager is actually the exact same flavour as Aftershock. (red)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

yeah have a couple of bottles of it at home....
    IIRC correctly we mixed it with baileys once was quite nice. course it may not have been baileys though, cos that curdles with some things....
    Wish I could get Pisang Ambon here Picarooney, miss that from Holland....
    Actually I miss "'t Drankurgels...." too....

EDIT:
    Goldschlager is Cinnamon flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

yep goldschlanger, feels weird drinking flecks of gold. It's like when sambucas are lit and coffee beans are in it (tres posh), do u spit out the beans when u are downing it or swallow then aswell? Always wondered about that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Spitting is the height of poshness, all the most cultivated wine-drinkers do it, from the Baron in his château to the bum on the street.

Ken, you'll have to pick up a few bottles of Pisang Greenwee(or ask someone to do it, with that collar ;) next time you're over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bols do a similar gold drink which is cinammon flavoured, thinks its called goldrush. It is in O'Briens and is only €20 for a 500ml bottle which is 50%, I think it is priced wrongly since most bols 500ml liquers are this price yet are only 25-30%.

Drink guinness with it and you can impress your workmates/flatmates by leaving unflushed jet black logs with sparkles of gold in them in the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Spitting is the height of poshness, all the most cultivated wine-drinkers do it, from the Baron in his château to the bum on the street.

LOL, spitting it is so.

Advertisement