Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odd photoshop problem

Options
  • 23-03-2005 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I don't know a great deal beyond the basics of photoshop so i've probably done something painfully obvious but if anyone could set me right i'd be grateful.

The problem is that whenever I bring a picture into photoshop (generally jpg's) it seems to appear quite differently than it would outside of it, eg brighter, different contrast and with a vague tint to it I can't put my finger on, like some kind of filter. It's not changing the picture itself as it reverts to normal once saved after editing inside photoshop, it just makes it quite awkward when fiddling with pictures as they often come out with a marked difference to what I saw in photoshop, commonly too dark.

Is there some kind of filter or colour scheme i'm missing within the photoshop options that could explain this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

It could be your color settings, when you bring it into photoshop it could be changing the image to cmyk from rgb or something like that. on the PC version go to edit>colour settings and change settings to "colour management off" I'm using CS, not sure about other versions. CS on iMac it's photoshop>colour settings and settings to "colour management off"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ediz

Ahh you were right, it's working perfectly now, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

That happens to me when I change the mode to CYMK and import it to RGB only paint shop pro 7

Advertisement