Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for power adaptors?

Options
  • 23-03-2005 2:49am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My laptop power adaptor has packed in and I need to get a new one, but the proper adaptors cost around €100, which I'm not keen on paying at the moment!

there's a chance it could just be the plug leading up to the transformer (the mickey mouse type plug) but I don't know for sure...
    anyway, its a HP Compaq nx9010, the adaptor is 18.5V (4.9A, 90W). Does anyone know the best place for a replacement? I've seen the ones that can be used on all different makes of laptops (on sites like maplin) but I don't think the voltage is the same

thanks,
    flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'd say this one might do

http://www.digidave.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=119&osCsid=5bbcf43fbdb4dedc1a752cca11a6a86a

Haven't tried it but yer man is sound enought bought a couple of things on ebay off him. His eBay name is lukeisabrennan

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

hi there im using a little cheap wonder here ...i got it in maplin in dublin a few moths back ...i think it was about 50 euros ...heres what it says on the box ...SWICH MODE UNIVERSAL INPUT NOTEBOOK ADAPTOR ...its made by sunpower (uk)LTD

input voltage .....100v-240Vac
    input frequency .......50/60Hz
    input current........... 1300mA
    selectable output voltage........ 15,16,17,18,20,22Vdc
    output current ............2500mA maximum
    output plug.....foruse with most DELL,COMPAQ,TOSHIBA,HP,IBM,GATEWAY,SHARP,&ACER notebooks
    withstand voltage 3000Vac/50Hz for 1 min or 3300Vac for 2 seconds
    dimensions 136x70x37 mm
    i hope this helps somebody out there i got this for a 19volt mini pc that i have as a media-server in the house and it worked adream on the 18 volt setting ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Advertisement