Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Unsigned Band/Artist

• 21-03-2005 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone sitting on a great unsigned act? Tell the world about your latest great discovery!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I've seen The Brand a few times in town and enjoyed them. I think they may have been signed now though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

(retards) are a really good electronic/rock band. Very entertaining but very rarely play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

0utshined wrote:
    I've seen The Brand a few times in town and enjoyed them. I think they may have been signed now though....
    Good name, what kinda influences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭JimboPope

As far as i know they have been signed to a small irish label.

They have a website but its not finished yet www.thebrand.ie

Definetely one to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Yeah, that's them. I find it kind of hard to place them tbh, they're just good at what they do! Saw them do an acoustic set a while ago and it sounded different again but still good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Fatcamp are an excellent band. I saw them at a gig in longford over Paddys day and I was very impressed,

I found there website too at www.performancecars.ie/fatcamp but its not even nearly finished yet by the looks of things. I would recommend them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

daniel brummel projects are great. he was the bassist in a small band called ozma that were signed to kung fu records.

he's now around on myspace nowadays, his solo material is more kind of folk music but he's in another band called gone with the ghosts, which are pretty good.

http://www.myspace.com/danielbrummel
    http://www.myspace.com/gonewiththeghosts

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Retrøpet

Primed - www.primeddublin.com
    Mike Got Spiked - www.mikegotspiked.com

Two of my favourites anyhoo. Both excellent bands in my humble opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 j1892

Retr&#248 wrote: »
    Primed - www.primeddublin.com

Two of my favourites anyhoo. Both excellent bands in my humble opinion.

We rehearse in the studio next door, know us? We're the Murder of Crows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Murder of Crows, now that's a blast from the past. Haven't heard you guys in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Retr&#248 wrote: »
    I'd list Mike Got Spiked too, but officially they are signed now.

My favourite unsigned bands at the moment are:

Hibreasal - don't know too much about them, they are from Wicklow and are a truly class act
    Tallarico
    Polar

All worth checking out!

Robbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Joshua Radin - www.joshuaradin.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Jaded Sun are an animal bands any my own personal faves www.jaded-sun.com or http://artists.cpu.ie/bands/18/

while im at it they are playing a gig in the Temple Bar Music Centre this Thursday and it's only €8 at the door playin support on the night is Radiowaves, Hoffman Affair & The Licks

these are really a band to watch cos im a mate with one of the guitarists and they've quite a few interesting things about to happen

Advertisement