Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

screen is loose on laptop!!!

Options
  • 21-03-2005 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

the screen on my laptop is coming loose from the keyboard, if i bend the screen back too much it clips out and nearly falls off.. what can i do to get it tight again

its only a tiny laptop 10.4" screen sony vaio tr2ap cost me alot of money dont want it to break and its from america so i cant bring it back to the shop :/

any help appreciated,
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Krispie wrote:
    the screen on my laptop is coming loose from the keyboard, if i bend the screen back too much it clips out and nearly falls off.. what can i do to get it tight again

its only a tiny laptop 10.4" screen sony vaio tr2ap cost me alot of money dont want it to break and its from america so i cant bring it back to the shop :/

any help appreciated,
    thanks

If your in the dublin area ...near southside ,i could meet up with you and see can i fix it ....free of charge of course ... it sounds like the screws are lose or missing from either the screen caseing or the Hindge ....have a look in near the hindge and see if you can see anything astray ...if not pm me and if you want ill have alook at it for you ....but dont get the wrong idea im not an IT enginener ,but i have worked inside a laptop before ...its up to you if you cant get any info here to help you fix the problem yourself... pm me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Hey man two handy links for ya Sony Support & Manuals
    Let Dub have a look he knows his sh!t *the doctor* lol

EDIT: Dunno if you have seen this but the VAIO homepage is class have a skulk round - link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ya Dub know his head from his elbow when it comes to computers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

im not near dublin im afriad :/ im in clare but i dont think there are any screws on the hinge it kinda clips afaics. im afraid to move it back to have a look just incase it clips out:/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

what you could do is get a good digi camera and take some up close and clear photos and post them here so we can have a look ...and see if anyone can suss a way of you fixing it ....if worst came to worst someone could help you through messenger with a webcam ... :D
    get some snaps and post them some one out there might of had the same problem or someone might know what to do ???its worth a try ....before going off and spend your hard earned cash on a repair shop

• Advertisement
Advertisement