Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to get

Options
  • 20-03-2005 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

I want a laptop and have my eye set on a joybook 7000. It consists of everything i want. A centrino based laptop with 512 ram and at least a radeon 9700 whilst not having greater than a 14" screen. Ideally i'd like a smaller screen again but i've not been able to find a laptop with a screen thats under 14 inches that has a decent graphics card in it. Can anyone recomment a laptop similar to the joybooks specs but with a preferably smaller screen but if not same size screen for a cheaper price

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

from what i see on google there doesnt seem to be much floating around with 12" tft screens ...most if not all that showed up where apple's ...which as you konw is a completely different kettle of fish....i have seen some sony laptop's with smaller screen's but im not sure what kind GPU'S they have ????
    if i come across one ill post a linky here for you.......

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Generally most laptops with screens below 14" are generally low powered, meaning 1ghz-1.4ghz centrino processors and intel "EXTREME" :D graphics, also they cost a lot, because of their small size, most upwards of €1700. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

daywalker wrote:
    Generally most laptops with screens below 14" are generally low powered, meaning 1ghz-1.4ghz centrino processors and intel "EXTREME" :D graphics, also they cost a lot, because of their small size, most upwards of €1700. :eek:
    Half true. You can get 12,1 inchers with decent processor speeds, upwards of 1.8 CHz centrinos as far as I'm aware. But in relation to the graphics, true, intel extreme graphics it's going to be. Yes most are also upwards of that price but some lesser known manufacturers have them at under €1200. It's a trade off between portability and playing games tbh.

Advertisement